Page 1 of 3
Japan:

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
At least this didn't claim any lifes (according to the article), that's as positive as it'll get. Still sucks big time though.
The last one was magnitude 9, right? 6.7 isn't going to cause a tsunami anywhere near as bad, but it still sucks that they're being hit so repeatedly. I'm really hoping damage remains minimal with this one.
Quote by Spartan101400
They just need to migrate to somewhere with more stability.

But seriously, I hope this doesn't cause another tsunami, these guys have had a rough enough year, give 'em a break already.
The Richter scale is Logarithmic, so while 6.7 is pretty bad (worse than the recent one in New Zealand) it's nowhere near the one Japan suffered earlier this year.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Another earthquake in a country sitting at the edge of a tectonic plate? NAW!!! Next you're gonna tell me japan has volcanoes.
Check out my band Disturbed

Sorry couldn't help it.............still holding down F11 though

Hope everyone stays safe
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
You guys realize we get 100s of earthquakes a year, and that one isn't even close to where the last one was. . .
Sendai got ****ed up last time and a bit of Tokyo, this one's all the way by Hachinohe where no one gives a ****. Not even close. . .
Also, I'm seriously getting tired of the pity party, we're a nation, not a little girl who fell off her bike.

And another thing, I live in Tokyo, I work here, I was here during the quake, and the 1000 other ones I've lived through. I'm sure to you all, an earthquake is a big deal, but unless it's another Sendai or Kobe, no one gives a **** here.

This thread is so misinformed and ignorant, an equivalent would be say LA got hit with an earthquake and Oklahoma City was subsequently hit with one. Then I say it's the same spot, see the distance between the two?
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Last edited by Asada Hiruka at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Asada Hiruka
You guys realize we get 100s of earthquakes a year, and that one isn't even close to where the last one was. . .
Sendai got ****ed up last time and a bit of Tokyo, this one's all the way by Hachinohe where no one gives a ****. Not even close. . .
Also, I'm seriously getting tired of the pity party, we're a nation, not a little girl who fell off her bike.

We won't feel sorry for you next time then
Oh for fvcks sake, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for that country.
EDIT: *looks at Asada's post*
Nevermind. You guys are perverts anyway.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
We won't feel sorry for you next time then

Good, wanting to be felt sorry for and needing pity is for the weak and pathetic.
We don't want anyone's pity.
And if you're going to "feel sorry" for a country, at least have a basic grasp of it's geography. . .
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Last edited by Asada Hiruka at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Asada Hiruka
This thread is so misinformed and ignorant, an equivalent would be say LA got hit with an earthquake and Oklahoma City was subsequently hit with one. Then I say it's the same spot, see the distance between the two?

1. Don't lump me in with the rest. I made a genuine 'who gives a shit' post.
2. That distance comparison fails so hard.
Isn't it interesting how the whole is always crying about a natural disaster somewhere and in a month everybody not only stops giving a fück, but completely forgets about it. We just go through news like this as teenage girls go through trends I think it's pretty pathetic. If you feel the need to pity a country, do it because you care and not because the rest of the world thinks you should.
And with that being said:
(Invalid img)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by StewieSwan
1. Don't lump me in with the rest. I made a genuine 'who gives a shit' post.
2. That distance comparison fails so hard.

Actually, it's pretty accurate, LA is on the west coast, where as Oklahoma City is halfway to the other side of the country. Which would be the horizontal equivalent of Tokyo to Hachinohe.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka
Actually, it's pretty accurate, LA is on the west coast, where as Oklahoma City is halfway to the other side of the country. Which would be the horizontal equivalent of Tokyo to Hachinohe.

Distance comparisons are not proportional.
Quote by Asada Hiruka

And another thing, I live in Tokyo, I work here, I was here during the quake, and the 1000 other ones I've lived through. I'm sure to you all, an earthquake is a big deal, but unless it's another Sendai or Kobe, no one gives a **** here.

I'm sorry, but i'm going to continue feeling sympathy for people effected by earthquakes because i'm a decent human being.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by StewieSwan
Distance comparisons are not proportional.

How so?
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by dann_blood
I'm sorry, but i'm going to continue feeling sympathy for people effected by earthquakes because i'm a decent human being.

How can you if you don't even have a basic grasp of the situation or the people of Japan?
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka
How can you if you don't even have a basic grasp of the situation or the people of Japan?

Look I know you Japanese have that saving face tradition but jesus christ how apathetic can you possibly be? You should cherish the fact people who don't know anything about you or your family can have feelings sympathy you and your survival. I do think relying on others is lazy to an extent if you can help yourself, but good God, the earthquakes in Japan are astoundingly tragic.
Quote by dann_blood

This is MORE OR LESS comparable to Afghanistan; you're helping them to secure peace even though they aren't exactly keen on the whole thing.
(I'm not saying caring is a bad thing but just that if a country doesn't want help, who are we 'help' them?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I'm sure many Japanese people are eternally grateful for help but if you don't want it Asada, **** you, I won't give it to you.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Look I know you Japanese have that saving face tradition but jesus christ how apathetic can you possibly be? You should cherish the fact people who don't know anything about you or your family can have feelings sympathy you and your survival. I do think relying on others is lazy to an extent if you can help yourself, but good God, the earthquakes in Japan are astoundingly tragic.

I'm no expert but I was told that that tradition is quickly dying if not dead. Correct me if I'm wrong Asada Hiruka.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I'm no expert but I was told that that tradition is quickly dying if not dead. Correct me if I'm wrong Asada Hiruka.

Everything I've ever read about it demonstrates it is still alive and kicking. Judging by Asada's posts, which are actually quite douchey, tells me it most likely is still around.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Everything I've ever read about it demonstrates it is still alive and kicking. Judging by Asada's posts, which are actually quite douchey, tells me it most likely is still around.

'Douchey' says the woman that is worshiping her own 'help' like it's a gift from the gods.
I'm really sorry I'm so aggressive today, I'm probably in a bad mood I'll go now before someone murders me

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Asada Hiruka
How so?

Figure it out. It's pretty simple.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you saw some footage of Sendai, heard sensationalist reports of "Nuclear Meltdown", and heard that Japan was "devastated". Which is what 99% of non-Japanese know about the quake.
But the simple fact is, without a basic knowledge of Japan and it's locales, it's all useless information. The effected area was actually quite small, the death toll, in comparison to similar quakes, was small as well. The nuclear power plant situation is widely known to have been exaggerated to say things like, our water is radioactive, there was a meltdown, etc. all of which are false. My life in Tokyo hasn't changed in the slightest since the quake.

And to the guy comparing this to Afghanistan, you are unbelievably ignorant. . .
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I'm sure many Japanese people are eternally grateful for help but if you don't want it Asada, **** you, I won't give it to you.

But you aren't giving him/her/it any help.

IMO, these sympathy threads do nothing. Do some charitable work; it helps a lot more than having one's "thoughts" with others.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
'Douchey' says the woman that is worshiping her own 'help' like it's a gift from the gods.
I'm really sorry I'm so aggressive today, I'm probably in a bad mood I'll go now before someone murders me

lol.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
But you aren't giving him/her/it any help.

IMO, these sympathy threads do nothing. Do some charitable work; it helps a lot more than having one's "thoughts" with others.

It was the gist of the idea that if he doesn't want any I wouldn't help him.
Sympathy typically leads to charity. Plus if I don't have any means of charity the least I can do is offer condolences.
And no, I know better than to listen to the sensationalized reports about the nuclear meltdown, lol. It still killed people, no? Or is that an arbitrarily contrived number to sensationalize reports too?
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Z_cup_boy

I should expect as much, from an idiot who would even think they could know anything about a seperate culture and country, much less it's status after a natural disaster, while still using made up words. . .

And to the saving face question, saving face is always around, but there's a difference between saving face, and having a sense of pride.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka
I should expect as much, from an idiot who would even think they could know anything about a seperate culture and country, much less it's status after a natural disaster, while still using made up words. . .

And to the saving face question, saving face is always around, but there's a difference between saving face, and having a sense of pride.

Run along now, child.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

Eternally grateful? What are we to you? A bunch of Charlie Chans speaking pidgin who are ever so grateful for big america's shining light of charity?
YOU, never helped any Japanese. YOU, never will. YOU, have no value to those effected. And YOU need to stop trying to act like you are a part of something than can DO anything.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Run along now, child.

My children are probably older than you, child.
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Victory2134
Quote by Asada Hiruka

How do you know I don't? Aren't you going off at people for being presumptuous? Pot, meet kettle.

I have the capacity for empathy - that thing where I can imagine what it's like from the perspective of other people. I also have a reasonable grasp of Japanese culture and the situation of Japanese people having studied the culture in decent detail quite recently, as well as studying and interacting with Japanese exchange students for the last 12 years.

Quote by Asada Hiruka
My children are probably older than you, child.

You're still a fucking dick.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
This is MORE OR LESS comparable to Afghanistan; you're helping them to secure peace even though they aren't exactly keen on the whole thing.
(I'm not saying caring is a bad thing but just that if a country doesn't want help, who are we 'help' them?

Not really. The people involved in the original invasions of Afghanistan didn't give a shit about helping people; it's my personal opinion that the invasion was right, generally the local population wanted the taliban gone, the problem is we had nothing to replace the system of governance.

Quote by JamSessionFreak

Not really. It's just changing and becoming more covert.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Jun 24, 2011,
Page 1 of 3