I currently have a spider II 30 watt amp and I am looking to make an upgrade. I have been playing for a long time now and I am unhappy with the sound quality of the spider amp. I have yet to replace it do to lack of funds and knowledge. My local guitar shop recommended the Vox vt40+. I am not sure I will use all of the effects on the amp seeing that I don't even use the ones on the spider amp. However, the sound was far better. I also tried out a used Fender jazz jr. It was a lot different but I liked it a lot. Are there any suggestions anyone can make? I think $400 is my absolute maximum spending money. I don't tend to use a ton of distortion.
oh by the way, which ones Pink?
For $350 you can get a Jet City JCA20h 1/2 stack with the JCA 1x12 cab. it will cover alot of ground, and sounds pretty amazing. The only problem is it has no FX loop, but it does take pedals very well with out one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah thats what I meant. Not jazz. Sorry about that
oh by the way, which ones Pink?
Quote by hummrH2o
I currently have a spider II 30 watt amp and I am looking to make an upgrade. I have been playing for a long time now and I am unhappy with the sound quality of the spider amp. I have yet to replace it do to lack of funds and knowledge. My local guitar shop recommended the Vox vt40+. I am not sure I will use all of the effects on the amp seeing that I don't even use the ones on the spider amp. However, the sound was far better. I also tried out a used Fender jazz jr. It was a lot different but I liked it a lot. Are there any suggestions anyone can make? I think $400 is my absolute maximum spending money. I don't tend to use a ton of distortion.

What makes a VT40+ a good amp isn't the effects.

It's that it has much better tone than other modeling amps...

However because it can do so many things a learning curve does exist. Once you go into manual mode you can dial in the exact tones you want with a little bit of work and it's worth the effort...

EDIT:
Quote by Robbgnarly
For $350 you can get a Jet City JCA20h 1/2 stack with the JCA 1x12 cab. it will cover alot of ground, and sounds pretty amazing. The only problem is it has no FX loop, but it does take pedals very well with out one.

Actually they're pretty easy to mod you can even get one that's already been modded from Jet City

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2011/02/16/jca22h/
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 22, 2011,