So my Skullcandy Hesh (finally) broke so I'm going to invest in some new headphones. I want an over-ear style, ones that would be very compatible with recording and also sounds good when I'm just listening to music. Something with good bass response too, because I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap/dubstep and I like the bass the vibrate my head when I listen to it at high levels The most I would wanna spend is $200. I've been looking at Skullcandy SK Pros and those are at the top of my list right now, especially since they are designed for DJs. Any other suggestions?
Sennheiser's. Get them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
A DJ you say?

Get these:

Sennheiser HD25-1 II's, great headphones for DJing since they have an accurate, flat response and great to listen to casually.
Ha, sounds like Sennheisers are on top right now. Are they available at any retail stores or do you have to buy them offline?

EDIT: Online, idk why I said offline.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Ha, sounds like Sennheisers are on top right now. Are they available at any retail stores or do you have to buy them offline?

It doesn't matter whats on top, Sennheisers are better than Skullcandys.

You can get them online or in stores. They are a prominent company.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
It doesn't matter whats on top, Sennheisers are better than Skullcandys.

You can get them online or in stores. They are a prominent company.

I meant on top on my list
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I meant on top on my list

Sorry, my bad, I was assuming. In my experience people tend to like Skullcandy mostly because it is the "cool" brand. Although I hear their higher end stuff is pretty decent.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by jetfuel495
Skullcandys are garbo. Go with Sennheisers.

This. Sennheiser HD555 is where it's at.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Baconator1228
Everyone here hates skullcandy except me and a handfull of others

Skullcandy looks cool, but their sound quality is objectively garbage because they use cheap parts from china to cut costs. Sennheiser and Shure are both great.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Huge picture because im tired of having to recommend it over and over again. If you want bass, look no further.
pinga
I've got some AKG k701's I'm trying to sell for around $200, but they're kinda weak on bass. For DJ headphones though, I'd go with the AKG K181 DJ's, they go for about $160. Though I always prefer AKG to Sennheiser, though I'm probably in the minority here.