Ok so I just picked up an axe fx ultra and an mfc 101 midi foot controller. I am wondering if anybody on here has any words of wisdom when it comes to power amps for the axe fx.

I'm thinking about ordering a Carvin TS100, but I'm not sure. Is there any other amps that would be good? I'm not looking to color my tone by I've heard most people talk about how a tube poweramp + the axe fx is a great combo. Are there any other poweramps you guys would suggest?

Ideally I'd like to not spend a lot on the VHT Fryette 2/50/2.
Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
mesa has a good one.

fryette has a good one.

fractal audio sells one.

the ts100 will probably do in a pinch.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Mesa Stereo 2:Ninety
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Mesa Stereo 2:Ninety

This is what I run. Most people say everything sounds the same on it. I disagree.

I have only ran my axe through a carvin solid state power amp and the boogie. The boogie packs more punch for sure, but you can eq pretty much any sound with any amp as long as you have headroom.

It's just easier to get a heavy tone with the tube power amps. My 2:90 was around $500 used. I have thought about switching to solid state just because it's lighter and I don't have to change out 8 power tubes on a retube.
/rig
I used a Mesa 50:50 with an e530 and am currently going to use my peavey classice 120/120 with an Eleven Rack. Tube power amps can be found for a pittance on ebay and craigslist. I'm currently gathering plans to beuild a 100 single channel 3U rack power supply for the 11R as a side project.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
You bought a $2000 preamp and $800 MIDI board, but don't want to go all out on the power amp? For shame!

But seriously, craigslist and ebay can treat you to the VHT/Fryette 2:50:2 for under $1000 if you look long enough. If you don't want to wait for one to pop up, go with the Mesa everyone's been recommending or an active Atomic cab from Fractal.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I like the TS100 because it's very transparent and lets face it for the price you will be hard pressed to do better.

+1
Something like a Classic 120 or a 2:90 will color the tone.
If you want good results withouth 200% accuracy thats the way to go.

But for the Axe to be as accurate as possible, you need an FRFR poweramp/cab.
The TS100 is essentially a hi fi tube poweramp.

Dunno about the VHT 2:90, but Jeff Loomis uses one with his axe if that does it for you.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
+1
Something like a Classic 120 or a 2:90 will color the tone.
If you want good results withouth 200% accuracy thats the way to go.

But for the Axe to be as accurate as possible, you need an FRFR poweramp/cab.
The TS100 is essentially a hi fi tube poweramp.

Dunno about the VHT 2:90, but Jeff Loomis uses one with his axe if that does it for you.

I don't know about that...

I'd say that it really depends on what you are seeking to achieve with the AxeFX, if you want to copy exact tones... a FRFR rig would be the way to.

However, I've always wanted to pair an AxeFX so I can run any preamp through a Mesa poweramp with Simul-Class. I like the sound of a british crunch with Simul-Class, its different.

So its really what the TS wants... something to clone tones, or something to sculpt tones.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by polishedbullet
You bought a $2000 preamp and $800 MIDI board, but don't want to go all out on the power amp? For shame!

But seriously, craigslist and ebay can treat you to the VHT/Fryette 2:50:2 for under $1000 if you look long enough. If you don't want to wait for one to pop up, go with the Mesa everyone's been recommending or an active Atomic cab from Fractal.

I got the axe fx and the midi pedalboard used for $1400 for both (probably the best deal on earth) so I'm not exactly rolling in the cash, I just found a great deal.
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Like I said...VHT 2:90:2 is really where it's at.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.