So I've got a licensed Floyd Rose on my Jackson KE3 and it's a pretty sick "accessory" to play.
HOWEVER
The bar tends to loosen and flop around after use and tends to be a little bit of a hassle when shredding like a Norse War God.
So I've been leaning more and more towards extreme home remedies such as stuffing gum in the socket. I don't want to sound threatening but, DON'T MAKE ME USE THE GUM!!!
Any suggestions?
tape....
MAYBE I DO WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A 8 STRING DAISY ROCK GUITAR!!! OK SO!!

Quote by xSacrilegex
I hate old metal, I hate British metal.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
motherfucker i'd fuck that nigga's bitch ass up
Quote by guitarted
hot glue? semen? two paper clips, a rubber band and a 1980's action star? or just buy a new bar? they're what, $20?

No, its a paper clip, a rubber band and a drinking straw.
He was probably eating a bag of cheesey poofs right before he the video.
I've been meaning to try that spring trick. Teflon (plumbers) tape doesn't hold up for long.
I don't like loose tremolo arms. When your tremolo arm is loose, the bar has a little bit of room to move inside the arm holder or block, which means that a movement of the bar doesn't immediately translate to a movement of the bridge plate. I really hate the feeling of the bar knocking loosely when I use it for vibrato.

My solution for an unthreaded bar (like what you find on a Floyd Rose) is to get some clear plastic (from packaging, a sandwich bag, a bank coin bag, etc), lay it over the hole and push the arm into the hole trhough the plastic. Trim the excess plastic away with a scissors, then tighten the arm screw. It should feel a lot tighter, but if it's not tight enough, try doing it again with 2 layers.

After that, you just leave the bar in until it starts feeling a little loose again, which shouldn't be too soon. I don't take the tremolo arms off my guitars when I put them in cases.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by R45VT
No no no.

This works. The guy making the video can't talk or gather his thoughts and spit it out to save his life, however you should try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imw7bnXk8Mk

this is my video...maybe i couldnt talk straight because i was tired? you ever tried to talk straight when you havent slept in 2-3 days? exactly

Quote by Necrotise
That guy is so stoned

thats my old youtube channel, and i wasnt stoned, never have been stoned...
i just didnt get any sleep and i was tired around the time of that video :/
Dude. Point was it was a great video. You contributed good info.

I don't really care if you were tired or an crack. It helped some people.
Quote by R45VT
Dude. Point was it was a great video. You contributed good info.

I don't really care if you were tired or an crack. It helped some people.

haha ok, didnt mean to snap or anything :P i just didnt want people thinking im some druggy, since im only 16 XD
i watched a little of it just because of the comments and i didnt sense that you were a druggy lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by sixpounder94
this is my video...maybe i couldnt talk straight because i was tired? you ever tried to talk straight when you havent slept in 2-3 days? exactly

thats my old youtube channel, and i was stoned,off the crack and have been stoned since ...
i just didnt get any sleep from the crack and i was tired around the time of that video :/

whoa
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
whoa

wow dude, really, you took the time to edit that to make it look like i said that...wow, you must be really successful in life -_-