quick question. new guitar, licensed floyd. it has thick strings on it and its setup for standard, i bought 9's cause i want 9's. read in the setup guide that i should restring 1 by 1 if the same guage. its definatley not the same guage so can i still restring this way or whaa?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I wouldn't because you'll probably have to change the spring tension before putting on the nines. How big do the current strings look?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Yes, re-stringing it that way is fine. But once you do re-string it you will have to adjust the spring tension while tuning it.

Or if you want to try you can find a small, solid object and put it under the floyd bridge to "block" it. Last time i re-strung one of my guitars with a similar floyd style bridge I temporarily blocked it with a simple eraser out of my old pencil case from school.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
I wouldn't because you'll probably have to change the spring tension before putting on the nines. How big do the current strings look?

they FEEL like 10's but theyre as tight as 11's. so pretty safe bet they are 10's
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED