What's up everyone? I am the new guy. I have been playing for many many years. I am not saying I am great but I think I am fairly descent. Well... I can create complex structure for songs, but I can't for the life of me, create leads. I can play them somewhat, but I have a hard time finding the notes to go with the chords I am playing. I play a lot of metal and classical. I do not know how to read music and I do not know terminology. I know that power chords are not chords but I use them often. I just don't know where to come in on a lead if I am playing, lets say an open E gallop. Its really hard to put this in words. I know what I want to say but I am not sure that I am getting it out in words.

If someone understands what I am trying to say. Could you please help me with some direction. I would greatly appreciate it. I know if I knew how to create leads I could get passed this wall I am stuck at and really make some really great music. Thank you very much.
what you really need is a new amp.

but seriously, if you want any real help, go to the appropriate forum to ask the question. the pit is the off-topic forum on UG, and guitar related topics aren't allowed. plus you'll get trolled...

probably Guitar Techniques would be the best place to go.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Simple. You need to learn scales. Start by learning the pentatonic in all five modes. There are 5 notes in pentatonic scale, and that means there are 5 different notes that you can start from. You need to learn how to play the same scale in any area of the neck. If you're doing an open E chugging rhythm, you need to play an E pentatonic scale. Once you're comfortable with playing in one area of the neck, learn how to expand it to other areas. The goal, eventually, is to learn the seven modes of the major scale. Once you are comfortable with them, all you have to do is match the scale you're playing to the key of the song. Don't try to show off by playing all over the neck if you don't know what you're doing, you'll just hit a bunch of off notes and sound bad. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me.