i have a chinese strat that gets the job done as far as fiddleing around but i am looking for something new. i really like the sound of telecasters but i want a guitar with little to no problems unlike i get with a chinese strat. i looked at the MexiTele but i read about it falling out of tune and i cant really afford anything over $900 and thats stretching my budget. i have considered building a warmoth because i can know it is assembled well when i assemble it. also i would be able to get exactly what i want but it always ends up in the $900 range. any suggestions? im looking to spend min $400 to the max of 900.

i play rock, blues, country, bluegrass, and just about anything that sounds good.
Used US Standard?

Where are you based?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
i live in the US and looked at the US teles but they are 1000 to 1400 bucks and thats just too high for me to cover
Second hand G&L or Fender I would say. Harder to source, but well worth it .
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
Second hand G&L or Fender I would say. Harder to source, but well worth it .

+10000000
Quote by SupermanDT
how much would you think that would run me cost wise?

600-700 from what i've seen. You can talk them down though. And that is just normal used price, not good craigslist deals.
I had a MIM strat for years, and it held tune fine.
With a max of $900, I would definatly build my own.
You could make one much more efficient w/ flatter radius necks, smoother saddles, better pups, locking tuners, any color combo you could ever want..
Quote by SupermanDT
i live in the US and looked at the US teles but they are 1000 to 1400 bucks and thats just too high for me to cover

Where in the US - I'm in Australia, but there are guys here that are preety hot on Craig's List and could dig up a real bargain for you.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Used US Standard?

+1

They're great, hold tune, sound amazing and will suit you're style perfectly and you can get them for around £500 depending on condition.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)