im using a tascam us-224 portable studio, a yamaha mg102c mixing console, and a shure sm58 microphone. i have the tascam hooked into the mixer through the phones jack on the mixer. and im using audacity as my program (cant afford any fancy stuff and cubasis doesnt work right on my laptop).

i keep hearing a loud buzzing/static in my tracks when i try and record. anyone have any advice on whats wrong? i tried moving the gain and all but its not helping.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Is the buzzing coming from mic? Try soloing every track to see which one is causing it. If every track is causing it, there must be some connection issue. Also, another common noise problem is if you are using a surge protector connected to anything like a fan, microwave, or refrigerator, though I'm not sure if that's really the issue. Is there a better/more compatible audio output on the mixer than the phone-jack? That could also be the problem.
thanks for the tips. it turns out i had the stuff plugged into a extension cord which was plugged into a surge protector. i plugged everything into the wall and now im getting a clean sound without static.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics