Hey guys,

When I sit down to practice and have been playing for a while, I get a tightness/pain in my lower delt on my right side. It almost feels like my arms are too long for my guitar resting on my leg if that makes sense.

No matter where I place my arm I can never be comfortable, it's been annoying the crap out of me for the past 2 years.

Any ideas?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Have an expert look at your technique. I mean someone that has been playing for years. Maybe go to a guitar center, or your local guitar shop. Im sure they wouldnt mind giving you a few pointers.
I've played hundreds of guitars though and it all feels the same. Most have the same string position anyway. I currently play an SG which has a cut for where my leg goes and it still feels too high.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
You probably unconsciously hold it tense when you play. Start playing and focus on keeping it relaxed as you play.

If it's any comfort, most people play with their shoulders far too tense and never notice.
Quote by Freepower
You probably unconsciously hold it tense when you play. Start playing and focus on keeping it relaxed as you play.

If it's any comfort, most people play with their shoulders far too tense and never notice.

That's the thing though. I'm totally conscious of it but when I try to relax it I still need some tension to hold my arm upright, and when I play with this tension I get soreness.

^^ yeah that's exactly where it is.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
That's the thing though. I'm totally conscious of it but when I try to relax it I still need some tension to hold my arm upright, and when I play with this tension I get soreness.

Well, I'd suggest you go to a professional teacher, it's hard to deal with this kind of issue online. I would guess you might have your arm in a slightly odd position, it shouldn't take that much tension to keep it in position. Are you playing a V or anything like that?
Quote by Freepower
Well, I'd suggest you go to a professional teacher, it's hard to deal with this kind of issue online. I would guess you might have your arm in a slightly odd position, it shouldn't take that much tension to keep it in position. Are you playing a V or anything like that?

No i'm not, I play an SG and a Strat. Sg mainly though as the cut is higher so therefore the guitar sits lower..

I've never heard of a professional guitar teacher? I'll try and have a look for one, thanks for the help guys.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
i get that too.
and now when i walk some distance everytime i step on my left foot i feel a little "pain" under my right shoulder blade :s