I want to record songs I've written with better quality than when I did them with a microphone I got in the RockBand set like 4 years ago. As of at this moment I have $250 to work with.

Things I'll be recording:
Vocals
Electric Guitar(Miked amp)
Acoustic Guitar

Possibilities:
1.M-Audio Fast Track MKII USB 2.0 Audio Interface - $120
+
Shure SM57 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone(Value pack[Mic+XRL+Stand]) - $110
Total: $230
If you plan on micing the Jet City amp you have in your sig, don't bother micing your amp.

Get the Fast Track and a condenser like an AT2020
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
If you plan on micing the Jet City amp you have in your sig, don't bother micing your amp.

Get the Fast Track and a condenser like an AT2020

Is there something wrong with the JCA20h?
Its mainly the speaker cab thats going to be meh. That and its not "Slap on a 57 and its sex" like people expect.

Also, the 57 isn't a good Vocal mic (though people who have never used a condenser will debate that).

Just use amp sims for your guitar, there are hundreds of free ones and 99% of people can't tell the diff between one of those and a real amp
Yeah, since there isn't much under $130. If you've got the extra cash, step up and find a Rode NT1-A but for under $130, its the AT2020
as much as i like the jca20h (especially with a tube swap and through a better cab), i agree that a condensor is a better choice here. it will suit you better for both the acoustic and the vocals. at2020 is probably what i would go with as well. leaves you around $30 to pick up a stand and mic cable. if you are buying in a store, see if you can squeeze a deal and get a pop filter as well.

the at2020 will work fine on the amp as well, but its not the sound people usually go for. especially for more distorted guitars.
Agreed with all the 2020 suggestions. The electric is really the odd one out there and the easiest to go direct with. Either you get a good amp mic that's not so good on vocals and just bad on acoustics, or you get one that's good on vocals and acoustics and not so good on an amp. If you can use amp sims for your electric, you can get the vocal/acoustic mic (AT2020) and get a better sound over all. Once you save up some more money, if you're still interested in an amp mic down the road, you can pick up an sm57 or one of Sennheiser's amp mics.
Don't get an SM57 for recording.
However, they do make for great novelty toys later on in life.

Any condensor can kick the shit out of an SM57 in the studio. Live, the SM57 is good but I have other preferences.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
... wat?

Was I unclear? I'll clarify.
Condensers>SM57.
..I was watching my death.