Page 1 of 5
Pit, me and a co-worker had this discussion the other day and we came to the conclusion that there are two plausible reasons for hitting a woman.

A. Woman is threatening your life.
B. Woman is destroying personal property.

What do you think? Should it even be taboo to hit a woman in the first place? Do you think the court system handles domestic violence cases justly?

Discuss.
A.

B is not a valid reason.

Personal property is just things. It can be replaced.

I'm really not the Eric_fail type so I kind of condemn any violence whatsoever.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jun 23, 2011,
Never

\Thread
Gear:
- Schecter - Omen 6 (soon to have SD 59,Distortion)
- Admira Seville (Classical)
- Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
- Crybaby
- Digitech Whammy 4
- Behringer TU100 (tuner)
- Boss Micro BR
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
A.

B is not a valid reason.

I'm really not the Eric_fail type so I kind of condone any violence whatsoever.

It still costs money, and just because its things doesn't mean you want to replace them. I mean wouldn't you try to stop me if I ran in your house and started busting up your tv? I mean it's just a thing, man. Under law though, you could use lethal force if I did that.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Last edited by tayroar at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
It still costs money

So? Money is just money.
If they attack you. If they were seriously threatening your life then I wouldn't hit them, I'd immobilize them.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by 剣 斧 血
If they attack you. If they were seriously threatening your life then I wouldn't hit them, I'd immobilize them.

Okay, Steven Segal
Depends. Even if a women hits you, you can defend yourself/restrain them without punching them back.

If they like have an axe or something, then it's fine. Or if you're a tiny little man being attacked by a very large woman.
When dat bitch is slippin'.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
So? Money is just money.

Money is just money? How old are you? Money is the means to get everything you need in life. Yeah its cool and easy to be like money doesn't matter that much, but yes it does. I used to think like that, then I got a job and have to support myself. Ten dollars is an hour of my time.
When she's running her mouth
When you have to tell her something twice
When she talks back
When she's fat
When she won't shut up
Violence is never the answer unless someone else uses it first. I wouldnt hit a woman (or a man for that matter) unless they became violent first, or clearly showed the capacity to quickly become violent or endanger life.

EDIT: and unless she was endangering myself or someone else's life or well being, I still couldnt hit a woman. I'm not a small guy, I can over power most women without hurting them.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
Money is just money? How old are you? Money is the means to get everything you need in life. Yeah its cool and easy to be like money doesn't matter that much, but yes it does. I used to think like that, then I got a job and have to support myself. Ten dollars is an hour of my time.

I'm 22, live by myself and work too. But I don't start a fight and hit people over money. Albeit, I don't hang around with people that steal/destroy my property either.

"Money is the means to everything you need in life."

Quote by trueamerican
Whenever it's okay to hit a man.

This.

By treating them different, you are implying that they are weaker.

That's SEXIST!
When they hit you first. Or if the two of you have a pre-established history of violent drunken brawls--just for fun!
Quote by trueamerican
Okay, Steven Segal

What? If someones going to seriously hurt you your two options are run away or immobilize them. If you just hit them they'll get back up and go for you again. Also if they're immobilized you can wait for the police to get there. I thought that made perfect sense to everyone but clearly you're insecure and find the need to throw around little jabs at people.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Last edited by 剣 斧 血 at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by blackflag49
When she's running her mouth
When you have to tell her something twice
When she talks back
When she's fat
When she won't shut up

When you feel like it, bitch.

Also, when she can bench twice her weight.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I'm 22, live by myself and work too. But I don't start a fight and hit people over money. Albeit, I don't hang around with people that steal/destroy my property either.

"Money is the means to everything you need in life."

I haven't started a fight over money or anything either, but if someone were robbing me, and I had the means to stop them, they've forfeited my caring about their safety when they decided to rob me, even if it's a woman.

Edit: It's not ok at all

Cant believe I quoted myself D'OH
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jun 23, 2011,
When is it socially acceptable? never.

Personally I think it's fair to smack her in the face if she starts the fight. If you piss in the bear cave you better be prepared to get mauled, mofo.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
So? Money is just money.

You know how I can tell you still live with your parents?
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
I haven't started a fight over money or anything either, but if someone were robbing me, and I had the means to stop them, they've forfeited my caring about their safety when they decided to rob me, even if it's a woman.

You don't have insurance in your country? Is it worth attacking a stranger and take the risk of getting a knife through your throat over property?
I don't understand why it's so taboo, we live in the 21st century here.

If the situation is right for you to hit a man for whatever reason (Self defence, to prevent them from commiting crime or assaulting someone else ect) the it's right to me, otherwise we have a few women running around who think they're invincible because guys don't wanna look like wimps because they hit them, I've seen people like this before, it's frustrating to see someone doing this.

Obviously hitting someone shouldn't be your reaction to something silly, but in situations when it is really needed then go for it, I know full well I would.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
A.

B is not a valid reason.

I'm really not the Eric_fail type so I kind of condone any violence whatsoever.

condone = allow

condemn = opposed to

I think you mean condemn.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by CodeMonk
You NEVER hit a LADY.
That said, when a woman starts to physically attack you, she is no longer a lady.

This

One of my friends was like "Dude, some chick wants to beat me up at school but I don't hit girls, what do I do?" I looked at him with a look of shame for him not knowing this. I said "The second she has enough testosterone to say I'mma beat the shit out of you, she has enough to be considered a man"

I then proceeded to eat a ham sandwich
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by fearofthemark
condone = allow

condemn = opposed to

I think you mean condemn.

I think so too.
Mabey if a woman was going to kill me but thats an extreme circumstance. But really its never acceptable to hit a woman, anyone who does is a looser.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Tentonics
When is it okay to hit anyone?

+1!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by Våd Hamster

You know how I can tell you still live with your parents?

How? I live by myself. Please tell.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You don't have insurance in your country? Is it worth attacking a stranger and take the risk of getting a knife through your throat over property?

I don't personally have insurance, I'm poor. And that's why I said if I had the means to fight back. And why would you laugh at saying its the means to everything you have in life. Working has taken place of hunting and gathering, I mean how do you get water, how do you get food, how do you get the roof that's over your head, money, and having to replace anything that gets broken or stolen draws from your survival fund, or since your survival fund takes precedent, you may not be able to replace it. I'd like you to tell someone who gets sick without medical insurance that money is just money, then scoff at them when they need it to survive.
Quote by Oyface

By treating them different, you are implying that they are weaker.

I would hit a woman for the exact same reasons as I would hit a man, but its just a fact of life that, on average, they are physically weaker-especially in the upper body.
Quote by DonGlover
When you feel like it, bitch.

Also, when she can bench twice her weight.

Women who look like this have forfeited their vaginas and all rights and privileges included therewith. That's law.
Quote by tayroar
I don't personally have insurance, I'm poor. And that's why I said if I had the means to fight back. And why would you laugh at saying its the means to everything you have in life. Working has taken place of hunting and gathering, I mean how do you get water, how do you get food, how do you get the roof that's over your head, money, and having to replace anything that gets broken or stolen draws from your survival fund, or since your survival fund takes precedent, you may not be able to replace it. I'd like you to tell someone who gets sick without medical insurance that money is just money, then scoff at them when they need it to survive.

Oh, I did not know I was supposed to answer for the humanity as a whole. I thought the question was a personal opinion.

But I see I'm answering for the population of Africa aswell now.

Yes you're right. Money is everything we have and everything we should care about.

For me money is not the end of the world. I have a job and studying benefits. But someone in the world is definetly poor so that makes it impossible for me to think of money as something slightly less important.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jun 23, 2011,
Hmmmm....

First, I think if a woman takes a swing at you, game over, she's getting a beatdown, just as what would happen with a guy.

The thing is that there are some people, both women and men, who need a beatdown to make certain things clear to them. My brother's wife (they have been separated for years, though) was nearly killed by her boyfriend when in a drug informed fit of anger, he pummeled her into the hospital. That woke her up and she finally decided to go to rehab (because she had drug and alcohol problems all her own) and reorganize her life. My brother, though, still has custody of their daughter and it is going to remain that way.

In other words, having to leave the kids her and my brother had and never see them again wasn't enough of a clue, only the near fatal beatdown. Some people are that ****ed up.
Page 1 of 5