in july i'm going to chicago (i'm from europe so i don't know anything about the area) and i want to buy a five string bass for a professional metal band. can you guys think of basses worth recommendation?
any specs you do/don't want?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I hate to be this guy, but there has been this exact same thread (minus the metal part) a day or so ago, you can search it up and get plenty of suggestions there.
[Insert something clever here]
Last edited by 13Kelly13 at Jun 23, 2011,
nooo it's not the same thread! i want to buy a metal bass in chicago. right after i land there.
I can only assume the same sorts of basses are sold there, regardless, I'll give you my suggestion.

I'm buying a Sterling Ray 35 and its overall really good bass for the money ($800) if budget isn't an issue and you like the Stingray sound a Stingray would be a good choice.

I've also heard plenty of good things about Ibanez's 5 strings, generally they are some of the best.
[Insert something clever here]
My vote goes for an Ibanez SR505, or higher model I guess depending on how much you want to spend.
Quote by shmbluh12
My vote goes for an Ibanez SR505, or higher model I guess depending on how much you want to spend.

I'm with you on the SR505, or a used Warwick.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Esps, man they're great.EDIT: didn't they discontinue the vampyre?
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Yep. Vampyre R.I.P. They were really neat. I wish I had the cash to spend for a 5-string version.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Goddammit......every bass ive planned to get with income tax next year is discontinuing.....what's next? The fender jazz bass?
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.