TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Take a key. Let's just say C major since it will be easiest to start with. The key of C major uses the C major scale (duh)... If you con't know the scale then learn it. To write the most basic of love songs (anything you can find on a popular radio station) all you need is a minimum of 3 chords... In the key of C, those chords are the I, IV, V chords of C, F, G. Other chords are D minor, E minor, A minor, and B diminished. But those are mostly used to just fill in spaces and are used sparingly in popular music.

There you go. I haven't written a song for you, but anyone can write a song if someone gives you the tools to do so. Which I just did.
lol. Are you going to give credit, or just tell her you wrote it?

Aside from the fact that "Dance for me Monkeys, so I may reap the rewards" doesn't really inspire artisty people to work, how is anyone supposed to right a kickass awesome poem or song to a girl they dont know? If she's dumb enough to believe any old hacky crap about love then write one yourself. If shes just polite enough to appreciate the sentiment then also, write one yourself.

nice try, but Instead of trying to trick a girl into thinking you are deep and creative, why not try actually being deep and creative. Or find a girl who is a bit more shallow.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Jun 23, 2011,
Chill,I'm just tryna collaborate w/ someone to write a song. I have few ideas,but I just need someone to help me through it.
Quote by FunkasPuck
lol. Are you going to give credit, or just tell her you wrote it?

Aside from the fact that "Dance for me Monkeys, so I may reap the rewards" doesn't really inspire artisty people to work, how is anyone supposed to right a kickass awesome poem or song to a girl they dont know? If she's dumb enough to believe any old hacky crap about love then write one yourself. If shes just polite enough to appreciate the sentiment then also, write one yourself.
Read bottom post.
nice try, but Instead of trying to trick a girl into thinking you are deep and creative, why not try actually being deep and creative. Or find a girl who is a bit more shallow.I already write poems,I'm just tryna to get someone to help me write one. I've nver written a song for a girl before,so I don't want it to be cliche or cheesy. Sorry for asking.

Obviously give credit.
Quote by ickayR
Chill,I'm just tryna collaborate w/ someone to write a song. I have few ideas,but I just need someone to help me through it.

Dude.

This is no collaboration if you're getting all the credit.
Quote by bosshog11
Take a key. Let's just say C major since it will be easiest to start with. The key of C major uses the C major scale (duh)... If you con't know the scale then learn it. To write the most basic of love songs (anything you can find on a popular radio station) all you need is a minimum of 3 chords... In the key of C, those chords are the I, IV, V chords of C, F, G. Other chords are D minor, E minor, A minor, and B diminished. But those are mostly used to just fill in spaces and are used sparingly in popular music.

There you go. I haven't written a song for you, but anyone can write a song if someone gives you the tools to do so. Which I just did.

Thanks,for the start. I was thinking about adding some D minors & E's in there
Post your ideas, loverboy.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by Zeletros
Dude.

This is no collaboration if you're getting all the credit.

I'm not getting all the credit. I'll simply tell her that someone generous enough helped me write this song for you. I'm not tryna to get someone to all the work,I have some ideas I just need some constructive criticism.
Quote by Calvero
Post your ideas, loverboy.

Talk about unnecessary sarcasm
Write it yourself. How can you even feel okay about asking someone else that doesn't even know this girl to write a song about her? The whole point of writing a song for someone is that you're supposed to reach within yourself and show your own personality, not get someone to write it for you.

Saying that though, a song would get written for someone, just not the person who it's supposed to be written for or for any of the right reasons.
No
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Well, pardon what you call my sarcasm, but I usually find it hard to write a song with someone if I'm not hearing what this someone is playing/thinking. On top of that, being a song about someone only YOU know and are in love with, it's coherent to believe this is even more important.

My point still stands, post your ideas. If you still don't want to, good luck with your song/girl.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!