Hey guys
So yesterday I got my first bass I've been playing guitar for 5 years so playing things picked came pretty much instantly, but Im having a little trouble playing with my fingers. Specifically, when I try to play stuff on the lowest string (especially when it is downtuned) it seems to hit the upper board and make an annoying click. Is this because of my crappy technique, the basses action, or something else? It also happens when i try to slap. Thanks a lot!
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Last edited by nirvanagrunge13 at Jun 23, 2011,
well slap gets its sound from the strings hiting the frets.

the sound your hearing is reffered to as 'clank' it can be caused by action being too low (especially when downtuned) or by low string tension. poor technique can also cause it. make sure you are puling the strings pareleel to the body and not perpendicular.

some people lke the clank, thrash metal for instance.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
well slap gets its sound from the strings hiting the frets.

the sound your hearing is reffered to as 'clank' it can be caused by action being too low (especially when downtuned) or by low string tension. poor technique can also cause it. make sure you are puling the strings pareleel to the body and not perpendicular.

some people lke the clank, thrash metal for instance.

Ok i hope its not action, and it really shouldn't be, cause its brand new. So what do you mean exactly about pulling parallel not perpindicular?
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by nirvanagrunge13
So what do you mean exactly about pulling parallel not perpindicular?

Pull the strings straight up, instead of pushing them towards or away from the body.

Also, just because a bass is new doesn't mean it will have it's action set well.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Pull the strings straight up, instead of pushing them towards or away from the body.

Also, just because a bass is new doesn't mean it will have it's action set well.

Oh ok i gotcha, i think that's exactly my problem.

Right but this one actually does have nice action, it is my technique thats the problem
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!