Some one you might remember the thread where I was asking if I should go for a 18 watt marshall clone or a marshall class 5.

I decided to go for the 18watt plexi
I'd like to get a 1x12 cab for it but I am afraid that they are too small for the head. (I mean in size, wouldn't it look wierd a big head on a small cab?)

Is it only me or they do fit on 1x12 cab?
Quote by CodeMonk
Heres my AC30 for reference. Yeah, looks a bit odd.

Damn lol, I need a 2x12, I wouldn't be able to stand looking at something like that.
Thanks for posting that pic.
can you get the head in a smaller headshell? that might be worth asking, because if it is possible (certainly some builders offer 18 watters in small headshells), it'd solve your problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Build the cab to the same proportions as the 1974 cabinet - that had a 1x12.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Build the cab to the same proportions as the 1974 cabinet - that had a 1x12.

The head is 24inch wide (with the head cab) so I either need a super lage 1x12 or a 2x12
Quote by Bubbledin
The head is 24inch wide (with the head cab) so I either need a super lage 1x12 or a 2x12

a OS 1x12 XD XD XD

or a 1x15
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by CodeMonk
BTW...I have since built this one:

YOU built it?
I wish I had the skills and tools to build one, would be much more easier
Quote by Bubbledin

The 1974 (that's the 1x12 version) was 24" x 20" x 9"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I am dreaming or this is real life?

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

The Vintage G112 cab dimensions are 24"W x 20.5"H x 11"D. 3/4 inch Birch Plywood. Weight is approximately 45 lbs depending on speakers.

Damn! It would fit just perfectly!
The 212 is 30' inch wide.

I just need to know if I should do closed back or open back now
If you want that classic 18W blues tone you will want an open backed cab. You'll get more bass but that bass will be looser.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If you want that classic 18W blues tone you will want an open backed cab. You'll get more bass but that bass will be looser.

Im looking for an hendrix tone, I've been told that closed back where better for it.
But at the same time, I'd be playing in garages and an open back would distribute de sound more evenly. So I could go with an open back
Quote by Bubbledin
YOU built it?
I wish I had the skills and tools to build one, would be much more easier

Took me a few weeks. Life happens and such.
I did a build thread on it:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399362&highlight=CodeMonk+Cabinet+build
does avatar do convertible open-closed back cabs? if so, that might be worth considering...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can buy both open or closed backs from avatar. The extra back is $35 or about.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ for the 112 that may only be $15. Great way to go tho

^^ yes Avatar makes a convertible back for their Traditional and Vintage cabs (at least in the 212 config).

I'd get a 212 myself and I can speak to their quality. They are well made, no cut corners (no pun) and have great customer service. Contact Dave there and let him help you decide. I got a closed back Traditional with a G12H30 and a CL80. I sold it to Gregs1020 to fund my Splawn cab.

You may also want to consider Avatar's Hellatone speakers. They are simply broken in Celestion Vintage 30s.

PS: I just re-read that the 112 actually fits you size wise. Do it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

^^ yes Avatar makes a convertible back for their Traditional and Vintage cabs (at least in the 212 config).

ah sweet. might be worth considering, then, as long as it's not too much of an upcharge.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?