first things first, a little about me.

1. i've been playing about 10 years

2. i play mainly blues

3. i prefer clean sounds, but do add overdrive, distortion and chorus onto it.

4. current gear: fender 60's strat, Vox VT50, EHX little big muff, small clone, stereo pulsar. Digitech screamin' blues, Vox V845 wah and an SHO clone (built by badgerific)

i saw a Fender G-Dec junior in a local electronics shop for £50 earlier today (thinking i can wave a couple of £20's at him and get it for £40) and was wondering if it's a good amp for cleans?
some people say fenders do good cleans while i've hears others say lower end fenders are as clean as MG's and spiders.

so what i'm asking is would the fender g-dec junior be a good amp for me to pick up? not to replace my VT50 but to just give me another amp option.

cheers.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The main point of getting the G-Dec is the backing and drum tracks. If that's what you want then the price is good. There was a G-Dec 15 (the $300 one) advertised on CL for $75. I would have bought it in a heartbeat but it was an 1 1/2 hours away.
fair enough, sounds like a nice addition. what's the cleans like?

if not perfect, will they pass for SLIGHTLY overdriven?
I went to a Fender clinic kinda thing in my town a few years back and they were demoing the first G-Dec which was released. The tones the guy got from it were actually really good, both the clean and the driven sounds. (He never hit anything metal, but as a Mayer fan I'm sure you probably won't be wanting that. )

And the jamming aspects were cool too.
cool, will see about it, as i cant try it i'll take the plunge, get it and if it doesn't agree with me it's £40 i've spent i can easily reclaim by selling it on.
I hadn't tried the G-DEC, but like you would have taken the plunge based on the price and features. How good they sound is a mixed bag but generally the people who had them liked the tone. Having a drum backing track can instantly make things sound better.
If you don't count the backing tracks, the Fender Mustang is better in every way than the G-Dec, and cheaper. Way better tone, better models, better effects, etc.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
sounds pretty nice actually... might go in on monday and see if he's still got it and is willing to give it up for £40

it's worth it really for a back-up/alternative amp.
my thoughts exactly.

i saw a used one earlier on a not-to-be-named auction site for £125 with just less than a tenner postage...