I am currently using a vox ad15vt and I think its time for an upgrade.

I have had a look at the sticky, but I am still having trouble coming to any decisions, so hopefully some suggestions will help.

I am looking for an amp for approximately £150-£200 ($240-$320). I play a varietly of genres, but mainly classic rock, blues, hard rock and metal, so a mid-high gain amp would be ideal. Currently, I do not do much gigging but I definately will soon.

Current gear:

Fender MIM deluxe powerhouse Strat
Ibanez RG370DX

Big Muff pi fuzz pedal.

Thanks alot chaps.
Is the £200 including money if you were to sell your current amp?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I spent an afternoon with an amp repair guy a few months ago while he fixed my amp. He fixes and mods tons of amps and he is a bit of an amp guru. He went out of his way to tell me to avoid newer VOX amps. They just aren't built very well and are made to conk out. Any Fender tube amp or Marshall tube combo (without all that digital processing stuff) would be a better choice. Those will last a lifetime and getting them fixed will be easier. He had some negative things to say about other amps too, but the VOX statement sticks out in my memory. Whether its true or not, he is my amp guru...
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Is the £200 including money if you were to sell your current amp?

No its not, I guess I could spend a bit more then.

I'll have a look at fender and marshall tube amps then, cheers.
maybe take a look at the traynor ycv50b on thomann too, then. depending on how much you get for your current amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe take a look at the traynor ycv50b on thomann too, then. depending on how much you get for your current amp.

Isn't Traynor based in Canada? ...wouldn't it be a pain in the ass getting one in the UK?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
thomann stocks it. or at least, it's out of stock at the moment, but i'm guessing they'll get more in.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?