Hey, I currently own an Ibanez RG370DX, it's my second guitar, but I'm thinking of getting a new guitar that suits a Hard Rock style, but is also quite lightweight for gigging, as my Ibanez is really heavy XD.

I haven't really looked at any at the moment, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or owned a guitar that would be good :P

My budget would be around £300
epiphone sg? Should sound fine for hard rock, even better with a pickup change, and sg's are renowned for being lightweight
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
£300 is like 600 bucks right? gibson is great for hard rock but its quite expensive. i would say buy a used guitar something like a fender then change the pickups out.
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
I'd say check ESP LTD out. you can't go wrong for the price and looks. These are both $399 in the US. My friend has the Goldtop EC and its badass. These are actually slimmer than regular Gibson Les Pauls too, so they're not heavy. and they're comfortable to play. I'm personally going to get the Viper in the near future. I have an LTD EC-401 and its amazing both look wise and sound wise.

Viper-256: (SG style)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-distressed/viper-series.html

EC-256: (Les Paul style)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-distressed/ec-series.html
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
I like the look of those :P
I don't particularly like the worn paint-chipped, relic kind of look though, do they do it in a normal finish?
they do, but they are a bit more expensive, but they do come with better pickups, like mine which has Seymour Duncans, and its amazing, the feel the look. On the other hand this model is thicker like a regular Les Paul, but I don't really think its heavy at all. I do believe that their Deluxe models are thinner, and you can find some used ones for about the same price as mine.

here's mine: (it was $629, so I don't know exactly if it fits your budget)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ec-401vf.html
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll have a look around, and try some out in guitar shops etc.
Thanks for the help ^^
Cool, you're welcome man! Good luck!!
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5