So I have this lovely blue Ovation Celebrity S257 which was really hurting my hands because the action is very stiff and I'm a beginner,

so,

I got a killer deal on a new Fender CS60-CE which arrived today and I am in love.

However,

I'm starting to thing about keeping my Ovation (which I was *supposed to sell to offset the cost of my new Fender).

If I keep both, does that make me a bad person????
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
dude, i've got 5 guitars.

i'm always on the lookout for new guitars...

more guitars gives you more sound/tone options. plus if you snap a string you then have another guitar to play on til you go buy new strings...

more guitars = more respect to me. it shows you're serious about playing rather than doing it as a part-time thing.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I have ten guitars and seven amps. I think you're okay.

In my defense, some of those guitars are small?
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Nothing wrong with owning more than one guitar. Look at it this way, if you look to explore more styles with alternative tunings etc then you've already another guitar for it, so it'll save tuning it every 5mins from standard to w/e.
lol sure man, I've got seven acoustics and two electrics!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by axe_thrasher
Nothing wrong with owning more than one guitar. Look at it this way, if you look to explore more styles with alternative tunings etc then you've already another guitar for it, so it'll save tuning it every 5mins from standard to w/e.

It takes me half an hour to drop the sixth string a step, forget the whole guitar.
Quote by Spud Spudly
Only Satan has more than one guitar. You don't want to be like Satan, do you?

Know who else has more than one guitar? Jesus. And it's a good thing he does, because he had to loan his spare to Hendrix while he taught him to play.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
we have a bunch of guitars here - each has a unique tone.

if your ovation is hurting you, you might try having it set up so the action is lower. that can make every guitar easier to play. i owned an ovation for years that always hurt because of the shape and narrowness of the neck. a wider neck that wasn't so dramatically round fixed the problem.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by Amaseng
Do you play in more than one tuning?

Not yet; but that's a great rationalization for keeping her!
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Quote by patticake
we have a bunch of guitars here - each has a unique tone.

if your ovation is hurting you, you might try having it set up so the action is lower. that can make every guitar easier to play. i owned an ovation for years that always hurt because of the shape and narrowness of the neck. a wider neck that wasn't so dramatically round fixed the problem.

What's ironic is I got the Ovation because of the thin neck, thinking it would be easier for me. I'm finding that a slightly wider neck is giving my more room for placement. The action seemed really low at first, too, but I feel like I have to drill down really hard to get a response. The Fender, with the wider neck is so much more comfortable and the action is like butter.

But the Ovation is so purty~ and I love her bright sound. Modifying the bridge is probably a good idea.

LOL, I guess I'm in the wrong place for restraint here. Although a group of supportive enablers is not necessarily a bad thing either~

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
I always have trouble with the narrow neck when I pick up my Sheraton II after playing acoustic for a while. It actually motivated me to play A major chords with one finger because I have trouble getting all three strings fretted right next to each other like that. Which is a good thing overall I guess.
Ovations are usually very easy to play (mine are). Could be the neck is having an issue. Get it looked at and setup again. The Tech should be able to tell you if the neck has moved to the point of needing a reset, or just a simple adjustment.

As for having more than one... They are like potato chips... you just can't have only one.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
If this is going to be as addictive as collecting tattoos, I'm in deep shit!

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
I had about 6 guitars when I was 12, so it's okay. I would suggest though to buy different kinds of guitars, I would say maybe get a nice treble-ish sounding guitar; Taylor and a nice smooth cool sound; Alvarez, Guild. It's fine to have multiple guitars but I suggest to get ones that are different in sounds.
Guitarist & Bassist
Quote by Asa Carter
I had about 6 guitars when I was 12, so it's okay. I would suggest though to buy different kinds of guitars, I would say maybe get a nice treble-ish sounding guitar; Taylor and a nice smooth cool sound; Alvarez, Guild. It's fine to have multiple guitars but I suggest to get ones that are different in sounds.

Well, by that criteria, I think I'm heading in the right direction. The Ovation is very bright, and the Fender is warmer, with an almost 12-string like resonance.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
If I was in the same position, if the other guitar still plays fine, I'd keep it in a different tuning. Set her up with some custom gauge strings for a different tuning.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
At the moment I've got 7 acoustics and more electric guitars than I can keep track of. Some have been outgrown at this point but I still play most of them. They all feel different and they all sound different.
Not taking any online orders.
Just an update - I'm keeping the Celebrity~ I found someone locally who can lower the action for me.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes