Hi I wrote one post before for buying electric guitar. I'm buying my first electric in wednesday, so a couple peple told me that for money that I want to spend on guirat (350 e) some of this 3 guitars are pretty good. I would play on Roland cube amp 20 W, and will play stuff like metallica, megadeth, slayer, led zepp, slipknot, G 'n' R etc. Any recomendations?
For a first electric I will advise you to stay away from FR or FR type trems...unless your perfectly fine with hating your guitar every time you need to string it cause you arent used to the FR...

What country are you in?

Are you open to anything other than Ibanez?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
All of those don't have FR, Controlpanel. I honestly would like to know which one is better. I am about to put down $400 on a shredding guitar myself.
It was wise of you to choose guitars without locking trems as your first guitar. With the kind of music that you're going for, i would suggest changing your amp to a Peavey Vypyr because more of the presets it has are better. The Roland Cube does a good rectifier impression, but it doesn't do classic rock as well as the Vypyr does.

Guitar-wise, they're all very similar. I would try before you buy if possible. Personally, i like the 321 the most because of the reverse headstock.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 23, 2011,
Dude, I would try to help you, but all those ****ing Ibanez names are too complicated to remember and I am far to lazy to google them. I know of 1 ibanez by name, the Steve Vai thingy.
Quote by LZRocker
Dude, I would try to help you, but all those ****ing Ibanez names are too complicated to remember and I am far to lazy to google them. I know of 1 ibanez by name, the Steve Vai thingy.

Well done.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I say the rga42. You may want to change the pickups though. I don't think the ibanez actives are anything special
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Thank you, and Controlpanel, yes, I can buy something else, but at this price I can come up with some from jackson js series, but I was told to avoid those js series because of bad quality. There is epiphone les paul, but I don't trust them at this price. I will surely try all those guitars to see which one suits me best. So, I am able to buy one of those:
jackson js32t dinky
jacksonjs32t warrior (or flying V)
yamaha pacifica 112 J
iBanez grg270b
ESP/LTD AX-50
Yamaha RGX 121 Z
ESP/LTD EC-50
Yamaha Pacifica 112 V
Jackson JS32T KELLY
Yamaha Pacifica 112 VCX
Epiphone Les Paul STUDIO
ESP/LTD H-101FM
Yamaha RGX 520 (this looks good, and It's 320 e, but it should be 500e)
Ibanez SA120EX
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez RGA32
Ibanez RGA42
Schecter California Vintage VS2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7 (this one is so good, but it has 7 strings :/)
Schecter Devil Satin Black

that's it. So, please, can you tell me which one will be the best. thanks
That's a lotta guitar's you got there. You need to narrow down your search and be specific upon what features you prefer for a definitive answer. Do you want a standard tremolo of a fixed bridge for example.

The Yamaha Pacifica 112v is a good little guitar. It will serve you well. Epiphones are good as long as it's a Studio or better. The pickups they use aren't great though, but then again none of the guitars you've listed have pickups that are THAT good anyway. The Jackson JS series are decent for the money, as are the Ibanez guitars. Low-end LTD's can feel a bit cheap, but their pickups are decent.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
RGR321EX

I hear active pickups [RGA32 and 42] sound horrid through a solid state.

When you get it, tell us about it. I'm actually thinking about getting a RGR321EX soon and I also have a Roland Cube. Tell us how it sounds.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
guys, I bought Ibanez rga32, and using it with roland cube 20xl. It's so good, distorsion is sick, and clean is good too, but there is a fret buzing on low E string, and I don't know how to fix it, so I will probably replace guitar
That's easy to fix. Just get it set up.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
you think it's not a big deal? I really hope so, because this was the last RGA32 in the store, and I kinda like it already, so I don't really want to replace it. How can it be fixed? make action higher? or setup neck?
There's dozens of setup guides out there. try the UG searchbar and see if you can find a thread on setup guides for fixed bridges. There's also plenty of good guides on Youtube.

Most of the setup guides on UG are for guitars with floyd roses. But since you don't have to fool around with those stupid trems, the process is a lot more simple. Since your guitar has one of those string-through body type-bridges (correct me if i'm wrong though. If the strings go through the back of the body, it's a string through-type bridge), the setup process should be simple.

EDIT: You could also go on some Ibanez websites such as Jemsite.com and search for your Ibanez model. It's likely sombody has asked about guitar setup with your exact guitar model.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 25, 2011,
I will look for sure. But is it normal for brand new guitar to need a sut up? I mean, I bought it yesterday
Usually it will need to.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
thanks a lot. I didn't know that. I thought that new guitar should be allways in good set up. did you need to set up yours when you bought it?
I didn't oddly enough. I bought my Epiphone 2 years ago and it was set up great. It had such low action and virtually no buzz. That was one of the reasons why i bought it because i knew i wouldn't have any buzz problems. Just a shame the frets on the old thing are all worn down now. Waaa

Edit: A problem with a lot of guitar stores is that they keep the guitars there months on end without any care. Not even from the factory. They just asemble the guitar and throw some strings on it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 25, 2011,
hey, I was trying to do some set up on my own, and I alomost eliminated fret buzzing from first frets, but now, there are some buzing from 9th , 10th, 11th fret, and some other down the neck. So, what do I need to do now? string action is good, and I don't wanna release neck more
Personally I'd say go with the Pacifica
It's VERY good quality (for you pay.....well mine was)
And tbh 3-4 years on I still use it as my reserve guitar
Just for you people too lazy to use google...

RGA32
- Mahogany body
- Fixed bridge
- LoZ active pickups
- Wizard III neck

RGA42
- Same as above, but has a switch that cuts the mids instead of a tone knob.

RGR321EX

R - Reversed headstock
3 - Not MIJ
2 - HH [INF1 and 2] pickups
1 - No tremolo
EX - Extreme

It also has a white binding.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I bought a guitar just need advice about geting rid of fret buzing. So I had a fret buzzing on first frets, and I highered the action, and released the neck a little bit, but now I got buzzing down the neck starting from 9 fret and down. what to do?