Hey everyone so I'm looking to do a demo and I'm thinking a multitrack recorder would do the trick seeing as I actually don't personally own a computer and I've used a multitrack recorder before. However if there is a better way of completing this please let me know.

Budget: $200

Goal: Buy a multitrack recorder and record a demo that at least has decent sound quality. I will be giving the demo out for free so it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. Also I'll be recording with my Acoustic-Electric Guitar and Vocals.

Specifics:
Must be at least a 4 track recorder.
I'd prefer it to be mobile enough to fit in a backpack.
Decent sound quality.
I won't need to buy the mic for the vocals or guitar. (I'm using my friend's mics)

Thanks
Man there is not much out there in that budget for decent sound recording to my knowledge, but I tend to stay away from multitrack recorders (although I do have a 4 track cassette multitrack recorder I haven't used in like 4-5 years).

Check used multitrack recorders on ebay or craigslist. I see them around there often.
Last edited by FireHawk at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by FireHawk
Man there is not much out there in that budget for decent sound recording to my knowledge, but I tend to stay away from multitrack recorders (although I do have a 4 track cassette multitrack recorder I haven't used in like 4-5 years).

Check used multitrack recorders on ebay or craigslist. I see them around there often.

Tell me about it man haha but when I've worked with one in the past the songs didn't come out perfect but they came out good enough. And yeah if I can find something used I'd try that first, however I just need suggestions.
I use a Tascam DP004 thats ok, not sure if it would be good enough sound quality. But it sounds pretty good and has a bunch of features like bouncing tracks so you can get more than 4 tracks. Worth a check out, I paid just over $200.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by SFosterS
I use a Tascam DP004 thats ok, not sure if it would be good enough sound quality. But it sounds pretty good and has a bunch of features like bouncing tracks so you can get more than 4 tracks. Worth a check out, I paid just over $200.

I was looking at Tascam products, I'll be searching for a sound sample out there on the internet for that particular model.
If you can afford the Fostex, go for it. I had one as my first digital multitracker, the manual is easy to follow making it simple to get used to, and with a bit of practice you can get some really good sounding recordings. If you want proof, check out the songs loaded to my website (link below) - they were all recorded using a Fostex 8 track (I haven't finished anything since upgrading to a 16 track yet).
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud