I'm getting over my head in money spent on pedals. Wondering if line6 is the answer. I love my sound of OCD and my wah. But I want more pedals and they get pricy. When hd has 4 x for less.

Can I get my pedal sounds out of the hd? Like sell my pedals and get the hd 500. I play covers so I'll Ned a bunch of pedals.

Any ideas? Has anyone giged with the hd?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
I am not entirely sure about the hd, but I have a POD X3 and it gives me damn near any tone i need. If anything, get the live version of whichever you want to buy, since it will have an expression pedal. It's really a shallow learning curve though, you'll pick it up fast if you just mess around and try stuff out.

But, as all people with limited funding should, try before you buy, find someone with an HD or POD and see if you can take it for a test run, if it doesnt feel right, or feels too "digital" then go for the old fashioned pedal board, it may be expensive, but for some people its the only method.

Though really, I'd suggest the AxeFX, if only because that thing can do any sound in the world, I find it surpasses the pod and the HD, but it is also far more expensive.
Yes. I compared the OCD against the Sparkle Drive stomp in my RP1000 and IMO it wasn't that big a difference. I'm not saying they sounded exactly the same but I getting good OD tones with both. I also picked up an M5 (same stomps as the HD) and the Fuzzes were very impressive and I liked the Big Muff model a lot.

I would say that getting an HD500 will give you a lot of options and great tones. Highly recommend it. I also recommend that you start out with amp models turned off and use the stomps. You've got a tube amp and the amp models will fight your tube amp.

You can work on resolving that difference later after your hooked on the Pod. Also don't judge the wahs on the default settings. Make sure that you restrict the pedal ranges to get a nice sweep and leave out the extreme ranges.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 23, 2011,
I like amp sound tho like metal and tweed sounding ones. Think it will sound good with my fender?

Also when cranked, think I can get that nice broken distance sound? Also how do I get my clean sound with hd 500 hooked up?

Also what should I get 300 400 500?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
You can use amp models with your tube amp. But my recommendation is to start with the amp model set to bypass and use distortion stomps to get your gain sounds. Then move on to using amp models. That's a lot different than people starting out going through the presets, which all have amp models and being disappoint.

The reason is that amp models and their associated cab models drastically alter the tone of your amp. Whereas the distortion stomps are like putting individual stomps in front of the amp. That might sound like stating the obvious, but I think the stomps closely emulate their analog single pedal counterparts. People always accuse multifx of sounding digital, which I believe is a reaction to the drastic tone changes from the amp modeling.

If you were using a PA then you would need the amp modeling. But using a tube amp you don't. There are even metal stomps. Don't let this deter you from trying amp models. Just expect to spend some time getting them right and exploring the cab selections. Amp models more close to you actual amp may sound worse than an amp model significantly different. That's because you are comparing an emulation of your amp going into your amp. It's unlikely going to sound better.

You may find that distortion stomps through a direct amp model sound better than a Tweed amp model. But you need to figure it out for yourself. Because every RP user is using it with a different amp. If you were using an Epiphone Vjr you might want to nearly always use an amp model for every type of tone. That's because the Vjr really doesn't any great characteristic tone of it's own.

I'd go for the HD500 because it has a 40 sec looper vs 24 on the others. It's also more powerful and allows more FX in the chain. I have an M5, which contains a single instance of all the stomps in the HD500 as a single pedal. I love the Fuzz, Big Muff, and Chandler Tube OD models. The delays, filters, and modulations have some cool FX.
I like Marshall sound. Can I use a Brit mod and play it thru my fender and crank it with distortion and it sound close?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
The current HD500 was made for live situations. You could also run the ocd through the effects loop in the Pods so you can keep your pedals.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
If your just looking for effects look at the Line 6 M9 or M13 they are really good sounding FX
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Is the hd500 still 499$. I wanted to sell my pedals to put $ towards The hd. Can't I just a OCD like tone from the hd?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
HD500 is a good (maybe even great) piece of gear. Highly recommended.