How many years for playing a metallica song?

I play guitar since 1 year...For playing metallica i need what? Just only pratique a lot?

I'm able to play wherever i may roam and enter sandman!
huh?
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
It's all about practice. The more you practice, the faster you'll learn. It also depends on the complexity of the song. Master of Puppets will take longer than Nothing Else Matters, for instance. No one can actually answer your question for you, because it's all about how devoted you are.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Depends on whether you're learning the lead or rhythm part.

Rhythm (James Hetfield) - generally easier than lead but faster in the verses and choruses (ie. The Four Horsemen) however there are songs that have a rhythm solo (Master of Puppets, One)

Lead (Kirk Hammett) - generally harder and requires more technique due to solos.
Techniques such as tremolo picking, speed playing, tapping, sweeping and legato may be required in the solos. Tapping is the most common (One, Hit The Lights). ALTERNATE PICKING IS REQUIRED IN MOST SOLOS. You may also need a Wah pedal (Enter Sandman, Fight Fire With Fire, No Remorse, The Unforgiven). A guitar with a Floyd rose bridge may be required (Enter Sandman, Suicide & Redemption). Finger-picking is required in some ballads (Nothing Else Matters).

For Whom the Bell Tolls is easy try that it doesn't even have a solo just an interlude
Sad But true is also slow and easy.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.