I'm curious as to which post secondary school everyone goes to and what you are studying. How is the quality of education there?
If you're not in university/college yet, which one are you planning on going to (if you plan to).

I go to Ryerson University for business management. Marketing more specifically.
I'm entering second year and I feel the professors are terrible at teaching. Some just don't seems to care and some are just terrible. The one professor that did care had a very heavy Chinese accent and was hard to understand at time. Exams from her were easy though.
University of Louisville for biology, genetics in particular. Professors seem pretty enthusiastic and knowledgeable in general. I had a fantastic chemistry professor last year; tough class, but learned a ton. They also work with you a lot to try to get you research experience, so next year, I'll be working in a professor's lab to try to find ways to defend plants from anther smut fungus Had an awesome guy teach my Intro to World Religions class, made it a lot of fun.

I had a foreign TA for a class who was a bit tough to understand, and he just...Didn't really know his stuff. And was a prick. And my biology professor for the last semester wasn't very good.

Overall though, I really enjoy it. Glad I picked it, great city, great school.
Kettering University. It's in a horrible, horrible city (top four in the country for murder rates) but it is or was the #1 engineering school in the country, though I'm going for Computer Science.

It also has an intense co-op program that every student goes through. I start taking classes from July-September, then I move outta the dorm and work full time October-December, and it rotates back and forth for four and a half years. It's basically an all-year program, but I'll have my foot in the door at real companies and I'll be making real wages. I'm excited to start in a few weeks
It was #1 for engineering because of the murder rate.

Ryerson is mainly know for its journalism program. Nursing is quite popular here too.
I was going to North Georgia Tech'. Majoring in Commercial Photography. I will be back in school this time next year. I was there for nearly 7 months, and had 3 teachers. I had a small product teacher, photojournalist, and a black and white/color theory teacher. All of them were very nice and knowledgeable in their field, and what they were teaching us. I became good friends with my black and white/color theory teacher while I was there. I took a micro computer coreclass while I was in college, but I can't remember the name of the guy that was teaching us. He was very nice, and knew what he was talking about. I passed all my finals in all my classes with B's and A's.

I really enjoyed my classes, though. My photogjournalist teacher was a little bit up tight, though. I had a clashes with him during my time there. But my other teachers were wonderful. I really can't wait to go back.
University of Southern California. It's one of the top 10 business schools in the nation. I love marketing and I'm a business major. Nuff said.

But honestly though, this school is pretty darn awesome. You got alumnus almost competing to donate the most money to the school almost monthly. And class sizes are small, so you reallyget to know your professors and TAs. Last semester, I had class in a 300 people max lecture hall, with only 30 people in class... Plus the Trojan network is great for finding jobs.
I'm starting at University of South Carolina Honors College this fall. I really like the campus and the teachers seem nice. I'm gonna be studying Political Science and International Business, so being in the capital of the state will be a plus.
I'm going to U of T for Poli-Sci next year.
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

I've finished my education already - a year ago. I went to BPP Law School, London. Intensive course that was the hardest thing I've ever done. I can't believe I even graduated.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jun 23, 2011,
First year Civil Engineering student at Delft University of Technology. There's only three unis in the country that offer engineering courses of which one doesn't offer my course and the other is supposed to be the 'worst'. I'm not impressed by half of the teachers and the institute in general doesn't excite me, but at least the material discussed seems tough enough.
I've just finished a BSc Honours in Geology, from the University of Brighton. Great course, great lecturers.

The plan now is save up to do a Masters at either Royal Holloway or Cambourne School of Mines.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Thrashtastic15
lololololol

Yeah I know. U of T was my first choice, but the entry for the business program was around 95%. They sent me an offer to a pre-management program which is complete bullshit.
I don't even like Ryerson.

Quote by xcherrykatiex
University of Southern California. It's one of the top 10 business schools in the nation. I love marketing and I'm a business major. Nuff said.

But honestly though, this school is pretty darn awesome. You got alumnus almost competing to donate the most money to the school almost monthly. And class sizes are small, so you reallyget to know your professors and TAs. Last semester, I had class in a 300 people max lecture hall, with only 30 people in class... Plus the Trojan network is great for finding jobs.

One of my professors read an article for the class that claimed Ryerson having one of the top 5 business schools in either North American or Canada. I can't remember and I highly doubt it of course.
I wish my classes were as small as 30. That only happens in 1 out of 5 classes. Classes average around 90 to 150 students.

I wish I did chemistry is high school so I could have gone to University of Guelph for zoology.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Yeah I know. U of T was my first choice, but the entry for the business program was around 95%. They sent me an offer to a pre-management program which is complete bullshit.
I don't even like Ryerson.

Brutal. I almost went to U of T for history/poli sci. My two roommates went, loved it.

Man, your building is on top of a Crappy Tire for fucks sakes.

One of my professors read an article for the class that claimed Ryerson having one of the top 5 business schools in either North American or Canada.

LOL

I wish I did chemistry is high school so I could have gone to University of Guelph for zoology.

Guelph is beauty. Your unofficial major would be gynecology.
I'm going to a community college to get my basics or something until I find a real college to go to. Currently a History major.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I was accepted in Warwick for a masters degree , but the idiots in the admissions office sent the letter of acceptance too late , so I cant apply for a scholarship.

Now Im going to do my masters here, hopefully I will apply for a Phd in the future.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Guelph is beauty. Your unofficial major would be gynecology.

I rather go to U of T for gynecology where the people are plentiful.
Also, one of my friend's parents is a gynecologist. He tells me its not all that great when you have to look at some diseased people.
My school actually looks nice from inside. Has a courtyard and Tim Horton's. Sometimes you could go down to the Best Buy and play Kinect for an hour or two.
I go to the University of Western Ontario in London ON. Working towards a BMSc (Bachelors of Medical Science, not really a common degree offered elsewhere afaik but it's basically a BSc) with a honours specialization in biochemistry of infection and immunity (interested in going through med school to work in infectious diseases).

The school itself has a great looking campus and great faculty. Has both a teaching hospital and a large, state of the art research facility on campus.
Grand Valley State University, in West Michigan. Studying Social Studies Secondary Education with a History concentration, and a History minor. I like it there quite a bit, finished with my freshman year.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
The Ohio State University for Animal Sciences (pre-vet). OSU has an excellent animal sciences department, there are less than 1000 students in the major so classes are usually under 50. Needless to say, I love it. And since OSU consistantly has a top-5 veterinary school in the country, it should be an easy transition to vet school.

It's also nice to have a small major where everyone knows everyone in a school with 50,000 students.
The future is no place to place your better days
I've gone to CUNY Hunter for the past two years. Political science major. Transferring and starting at Cornell University in the fall. Industrial and Labor Relations major/International Relations minor. Then probably applying to Georgetown for either grad school or law (or both).
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I rather go to U of T for gynecology where the people are plentiful.

No man. Guelph has a ridiculous amount of female students. I'm not even kidding. Having a penis is a very good thing there.

My school actually looks nice from inside. Has a courtyard and Tim Horton's. Sometimes you could go down to the Best Buy and play Kinect for an hour or two.

Well, it looks ugly from the outside. Having a courtyard and Timmies isn't exactly special. Western has like 20 timmies on campus or some shit iirc from my friend.
UNAM (national autonomous university of Mexico) FES (High Studies Faculty) Acatlan

I'm studying law, and I think the educational level is really good, as far as I know it is the second best university in my country for studying law.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C