Hey guys. I will be selling my jcm 900 4500 DR. I will get around $500 for it. I am willing to put another 5 with it for a new amp.

I have a Marshall 1060a cab.

Can you recommend me an amp head for $1000 dollars?

I play:

GnR

Ozzy (rhoads and Wylde)

Metallica

Zeppelin

Ac/dc

Queen

Aerosmith
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Why are you selling it?
Are you gigging?
Can you go used?
US Dollars?

It is not nearly loud as it should be, I think its a capacitor needing replaced, and I am not bothering fixing it. I want a new amp anyways.

I prefer used.

$1000
Guys.... now that I think of it, I am going to sell the cab too. I do not gig, do you think it is overkill? If going to a cab will reduce sound quality I won't do it
If you're not gigging then I'd sell everything and buy a REALLY nice 2x12 combo. You'll get around $900 for the cab and the head. If you've still put another $500 you can get a really nice amp for $1400. The new line 6 dt series are awesome. Mesa transatlantic are phenomenal sounding amps too.
Ya sorry guys.

I will sell both my Marshall jcm 900 4500 and my Marshall 1960a cab. Not gigging.

I want to get a nice combo for $1500. My guitar is a Jackson RR1 with Jb/jazz.

Bands I play again.

GnR

Ozzy (rhoads and Wylde)

Metallica

Zeppelin

Ac/dc

Queen

Aerosmith
Last edited by hoosierxhoosier at Jun 23, 2011,
well, now we need the most important information. copied out of the link.
New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)
Quote by LolCatGuitar
well, now we need the most important information. copied out of the link.
New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Definitely used. I live in indianapolis
Quote by TheQuailman
An Egnater Renegade or used Engl Blackmore?

+1

Renegade was what came to my mind.

Also, you have a Mesa Rectoverb combo and a Mark IV on your craigslist. I'd check those out along with the Rivera Chubster, Traynor YCV80, Budda Superdrive, Sovtek Mig, Laney GH100, and some of the other amps I saw on a quick scan.

For a new $1000 amp head tho - the Renegade wins.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

Renegade was what came to my mind.

Also, you have a Mesa Rectoverb combo and a Mark IV on your craigslist. I'd check those out along with the Rivera Chubster, Traynor YCV80, Budda Superdrive, Sovtek Mig, Laney GH100, and some of the other amps I saw on a quick scan.

For a new $1000 amp head tho - the Renegade wins.

I'll vouch for the Renegade
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
I'll vouch for the Renegade
As will I. It's a fantastic amp.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
another +1 for the renegade
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Egnaters get an incredible classic rock sound. My buddy has an Egnater Renegade and with that and a Blues Driver he gets an incredible browns sound
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence