Page 1 of 6
Cause if we didn't do it, they would.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I hated everyone before it was mainstream
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by T.s.e
Because they're annoying.

This.

Anyone who thinks they're cool because they're favorite band has only 5 fans, then rages when their fanbase grows to 10 and says they sold out is a moron.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
This.

Anyone who thinks they're cool because they're favorite band has only 5 fans, then rages when their fanbase grows to 10 and says they sold out is a moron.

Whats the exact definition of a hipster then? I see it as a definition of a way of clothing that indicates that they atleast have an idea of how to put on clothes in a original sense. Or sumtin linke that.

The person you described is just an asshole, but hey, that could be anyone. I dont get why hipsters are automatically related to dickism syndrome.
They just seem kind of snotty and they complain a lot. They also always want to have an argument on everything, acting like know-it-alls. LOL, now I'm not saying they all are like that because some of my hipster buddies are nice ppl but this is just the impression I get sometimes.
Quote by thisguythereyea

The person you described is just an asshole, but hey, that could be anyone. I dont get why hipsters are automatically related to dickism syndrome.

Well describing any hipster criteria is going to define an asshole
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
They've become caricatures of themselves.

In other news, hepcats ftw.
Last edited by thewho65 at Jun 23, 2011,
Because they are not regular people, but a CIA project where normal, everyday yuppies were experimented on to remove the part of the brain that generates empathy and modesty, thereby creating a new counterculture that works for a capitalist agenda by the means of spending $3 for a cup of coffee and help stimulate the scarf industry in areas with warmer climates.
Quote by jonlambofgod666
They just seem kind of snotty and they complain a lot. They also always want to have an argument on everything, acting like know-it-alls. LOL, now I'm not saying they all are like that because some of my hipster buddies are nice ppl but this is just the impression I get sometimes.

Hmm, I guess. But still, dickismsyndrome and hipsters seem to be connected according to a lot of people. Its not like other subcultures dont suffer from the same syndrome
The fact that they complain and then do nothing other than do drugs and listen to music is just retarted.
Quote by Fat Lard
Because they are not regular people, but a CIA project where normal, everyday yuppies were experimented on to remove the part of the brain that generates empathy and modesty, thereby creating a new counterculture that works for a capitalist agenda by the means of spending $3 for a cup of coffee and help stimulate the scarf industry in areas with warmer climates.

@WaterGod
Hippies you mean?
Last edited by thisguythereyea at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Well describing any hipster criteria is going to define an asshole

So why not just call them "assholes" and "douche-bags" like we used to? You know...back in the 90s...
Because they're too mainstream.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Fat Lard
help stimulate the scarf industry in areas with warmer climates.

You sir, have just made my day. +9001
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Quote by WaterGod
The fact that they complain and then do nothing other than do drugs and listen to music is just retarted.

Quote by WaterGod
do drugs and listen to music is just retarted.

Quote by WaterGod
music is just retarted.

Quote by WaterGod
just retarted.

Quote by WaterGod
retarted.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by goest at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by Fat Lard

I'm waiting for a bunch of authors to come out of this generation a la Ellis, McInerney, etc. i.e. romanticize and "satirize" this morally-devoid age we live in.

...so far, they have Tao Lin

Quote by WaterGod

This actually is the protocol for a couple of my friends who've really embraced the subculture. But I like all those things too, so I dunno...
Quote by Fat Lard

I live in the south where everyday this week it's been 95+ degrees outside, own a scarf, and listen to some folk and indie. I don't like coffee, though.

Am I a hipster?

EDIT: I only ask because you seem well-versed on the subject.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Because they're too mainstream.

If they knew they were mainstream they would stop being hipsters.
Or continue because it ironic.
Quote by goest
So why not just call them "assholes" and "douche-bags" like we used to? You know...back in the 90s...

Hipsters existed in the 90's. Billy Corgan mentions them in Cherub Rock
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Quote by goest

Hipsters have existed since the late 1930s/1940s. As a term and concept of course, I don't think anyone back then was bragging about their vintage clothing or extensive vinyl collection.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

I like to live me life believing Billy Corgan never actually existed as a human, but rather an infectious disease that only 2% of the world population was immune too.
because if it wasn't cool, they'd be doing it themselves in some crazy hipster paradox

I have to give some credit though, the coffee place I go to is so hipster but it's so awesome that I don't care.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Because let's face it, there's always one group in society which people all band together to hate.
A few years ago it was the scene kids, before that the emos.

It's nice in a way isn't it? The way that we can all agree that hipsters, or whatever social group is going to be blamed next, are pricks even when they're getting prejudiced for a the actions of a minority.
--------
wrt IS a hipster? I've heard of them, but I don't know what they're like..
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
I honestly believe hipsters are now the majority, making non-hipsters hipsters. Which makes us all hipsters, but non-hipsters are the real hipsters, while hipsters are just too mainstream.
Quote by Baconator1228
Its not cool to hate on anyone

HIPSTER!
Kidding. I don't care about hipsters. But I think everyone has the right to hate or be hated.
ಠ_ಠ
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Zoot Allures
Because they're the reason for all these dreadful so called 'indie' bands playing bland music.

Mostly this.

there were some decent bands before it became an image thing.
Because when sheep bah together...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Personally, Every "hipster" I have met is usually extremely fake and lame. And crys about it when someone doesnt have an american spirit to bum them because they smoke a different brand of cigarette
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Because they suck.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

I was hating hipsters before it was considered cool.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.