Page 1 of 2
Paul described to Timothy that in the last days people would be,"lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, thankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self control, fierce, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion, but proving false to it's power." 2 Timothy 3: 1-5.

When you look around the world today and view the news, would you not agree that these things are occurring in a prevalent manner all around the world?

Lovers of money.......the love of money has blinded the minds and corroded the hearts of men and women who will do anything to have money and the power behind it. They will look someone in the eye today and steal and kill tomorrow to own something that they did not have a right to own to begin with. People who have worked hard all their lives only to end up destitute causing many to commit suicide.

Disloyal.......Then you have those who have made a promise to their mates before God and witnessed by many loved ones to be with each other "till death do us part." Only to have a lack of self control over their lust and bodies and have babies outside of the marriage. Humiliating their mates with their homosexual affairs and when confronted they deny, deny, deny! This is where the haughtiness comes into play.

Lovers of themselves....never before have we lived in a world where such narcissistic behavior is all around. It's all about me attitude is everywhere and the sad part is that parents instill it into their children at a very early age and these children grow up to be very shallow, selfish human beings.

Without self control......We live in a world where people think about something and act on it as if instinct. The lack of self control contributes to murders of people both young and old. It contributes to the disappearances and abuse of our children and adult both because of people acting on impulses or meditating on evil.

There's more to the article than just that^

Linky

But seriously?
What do you guys think about this?
Discuss.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Read 2 Kings 2: 23-25 and tell me that the Bible makes anything that looks like sense.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
We're not living in the first of days.that's.for.sure.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Same shit different decade. Do you really think people were perfect in the past? Do you really think they weren't money hungry or cheat or be selfish?

/thread
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Probably not but we're heading in that direction rather than away.
Timothy was a hate mongering low life piece of unrecognizable fecal mess, or you know, he was wrong or something.
Not for those reasons.

This is the reason why the end is near.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by severed-metal
Timothy was a hate mongering low life piece of unrecognizable fecal mess, or you know, he was wrong or something.

You mean Paul...right? That was the author of the letter.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Bamitchell
You mean Paul...right? That was the author of the letter.

No, pretty sure I mean Timothy. That is why I used his name, silly.
Quote by severed-metal
No, pretty sure I mean Timothy. That is why I used his name, silly.
Timothy was just a young teenage boy. Everything written in the two Timothy letters were written by Paul.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Uh, no.

Also, I hate when people say that The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction ever.
The storyline is terrible and the characters are unlovable. It isn't great at all.
Quote by institutions
Uh, no.

Also, I hate when people say that The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction ever.
The storyline is terrible and the characters are unlovable. It isn't great at all.

This^ so much this.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Timothy was just a young teenage boy. Everything written in the two Timothy letters were written by Paul.

I think this holds no relevance to what I posted.
yep. we're at the end of our days because people believe in s*** like the bible.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by institutions
Uh, no.

Amazing.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
it will come when we least expect it
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by severed-metal
I think this holds no relevance to what I posted.
Then perhaps you should explain yourself crystal clearly instead of hiding behind a thin veil of ambiguity, forcing the reader to guess what the meaning(s) of your post is.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Sure is edgy teenagers in here.

Also, I'm pretty sure we've been living in our "last days" for awhile now. Society has been that way for as long as "society" has existed. People have always been obsessed with money, disloyal and self loving narcissists.

This is nothing new.
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
Paul was never really one of Jesus's disciples so its kinda hard to trust his word.
Quote by doomded
Not for those reasons.

This is the reason why the end is near.

Love that vid. In a way I can see the way we're in our "final" days in both a scientific and spiritual aspect, but the worst it yet to come IMO.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
As a Christian, I'm beginning to think they use this line every generation to scare people into religion. There's always been debauchery and love of money and whatnot for the longest time, and it's the religious nutcases that give us a bad name that use this to their advantage to, as I said, scare people into religion.

Even if this is true, I have nothing to fear, I'm a good man. Not the most perfect guy, but I think I'm an alright guy, so this doesn't scare me in the slightest. Really it's ancient trolling, TBH.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Terrible people and terrible things have always occurred. Doesn't mean the world is coming to an end.

But whether you're religious or not, everyone can bear witness to the fact that the world is in greater turmoil today than it has been in quite some time. The natural world--natural disasters increasing in frequency and severity--more lives lost in the Indonesian Tsunami in 2004 than every natural disaster to strike the united states since the turn of the millennium. The human world--entire regions are rebelling, the economy is spiraling, no one is pleased with their government, and still what people care most about is first-world problems.

I'm not saying there are any religious connotations to these things. I am simply stating that yes, the world does seem to be in a pretty ****ed up state right now. I'm sure things will stabilize but for the moment, they're ****ed.

Last time things were on this magnitude of ****ed, was 80-60 years ago when the world plummeted into a financial depression and was ravaged by two major wars in the span of a few decades.
Last edited by Seref at Jun 23, 2011,
Quote by Dash49

Love that vid. In a way I can see the way we're in our "final" days in both a scientific and spiritual aspect, but the worst it yet to come IMO.

I find that incredibly terrifying, because it seems more or less accurate, yet it seems presented in not such a "the world is ending very soon!" kind of way.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Not in the Biblical sense.

I do think that we are rapidly approaching global issues that will have to be dealt with in the next generation or two such as Climate Change, Overpopulation, and unstable governments across the globe.

Love the Low end
I tend to chalk up most thoughtful meditations on the "impending" end-of-the-world to batshit insanity,and all of the points raised are nothing new, but I do agree that ours is an age that is almost devoid of self-control, reflection, consideration, etc. (i.e. moreso than previous eras, I mean).

I do have a brooding, gut-feeling that some kind of catharsis is just around the corner, at least for the United States.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Then perhaps you should explain yourself crystal clearly instead of hiding behind a thin veil of ambiguity, forcing the reader to guess what the meaning(s) of your post is.

I'm pretty sure that's self explanatory.
Page 1 of 2