Title says it all.

Potentially looking to swap out the stock speakers in my Bugera 6262 for some nicer ones.

It seems like Celestion V30's or Greenbacks are the way to go. Anybody want to enlighten me/help me come to a conclusion?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
do yourself a favor and run it with no speakers, it will sound better that way
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273

Oh wow. Let me just go out and do that...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
i wouldn't run it with greenbacks, unless you're planning on doing a 412 with greenbacks. i know some people will fight me on this one, cuz i know its not exactly true, but those speakers are rated at what? 25 watts a piece? and your head is 120 watts. even with two of those things, you're still pushing it a little. there's a chance you may blow them.
Quote by User_Name336
i wouldn't run it with greenbacks, unless you're planning on doing a 412 with greenbacks. i know some people will fight me on this one, cuz i know its not exactly true, but those speakers are rated at what? 25 watts a piece? and your head is 120 watts. even with two of those things, you're still pushing it a little. there's a chance you may blow them.

Gotcha. However, just to let everyone know my Bugera IS a 212 COMBO amp. So idk if it makes a difference but I believe my Bugera is 100w not 120.

EDIT:

NVM it is in fact 120 watts. Damn I don't even know my own amp lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Jun 24, 2011,
you ever consider just getting a 212 cab for your amp?

something like this might be exactly what you're looking for, especially if you can find one used (mesa might be easier to find).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/orange-amplifiers-ppc-series-ppc212-ob-120w-2x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet/424052000386000
Quote by User_Name336
you ever consider just getting a 212 cab for your amp?

something like this might be exactly what you're looking for, especially if you can find one used (mesa might be easier to find).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/orange-amplifiers-ppc-series-ppc212-ob-120w-2x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet/424052000386000

Eh. Never really crossed my mind. I'd much rather get an amp head along with a the cab if that was the route I was going. Idk it's just not my style to want to get a cab for my combo amp.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
yeah greenbacks aren't rated anywhere near highly enough. i mean, if you keep it turned down low, it might be ok... but personally i wouldn't be chancing it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
v30s are always a safe bet. i had a 5150, which your amp is based on, and i ran it through v30s. i loved the tone. the warehouse copies would be something good to look into because they are a lot cheaper, though i cant comment on how good they sound/how close to v30s they sound because i havent tried them
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Greenbacks aren't a particularly br00tal speaker, either...

How about you do some more research? You do this every so often - make like 10 threads with your budget, saying you want a better amp, you get all this advice, and then you never bite the bullet and pick an amp, then a few months pass and you don't post for a while, then you come back and make ten more threads.

Go to www.netmusicians.org , listen to a bunch of sound clips of amps and speakers that you're interested in. That way, you can at least gain some perspective on different amps and what they can sound like.

Then when you think you've found something you like the best, buy it, or even better, try it out first.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
V30's, as I stated in your other thread that I posted in not knowing that this thread existed. V30's are probably the most commonly used speaker in metal recordings, though some (very few) don't care for the sound that V30's put out, and prefer a more round, less sharp sound than what V30's deliver.

But yeah, definitely go for V30's.
Quote by Arby911
Try these...

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/support/getfile.aspx?doctype=3&docid=787

They won't sound very good, but they're fire rated...

ahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
V30s should be fine. as long as they are from a HIGH QUALITY speaker brand. a lot of speakers can operate far above thier rating, which is why you can run 2 15 watt alnico blues in a ac30 and overdrive the crap out of it and it still works.

seeing as you have a 100 watt amp, dont think thats ever going to happen. but still match power ratings properly.

i recommend goig with WGS. fantastic speakers and have a lot of solid options. for example - they make a greenback voiced speaker of high wattage that you could use. they make a "better" vesion of a v30 and make the retro 30, a slightly different voiced v30. reaper, etc. all thier stuff sounds good.

and eminence for options, overall acceptable quality and price effectiveness. although, WGS is 100% make in america and perhaps the cheapest of all. and they sound good.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Go with WGS V-30's, they have a smoother and less jagged high end compared to Celestion V-30's, but half the price.

+1 i got wgs v30's in my flextone. If im not mistaken, theyre a little cheaper too
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
+1 i got wgs v30's in my flextone. If im not mistaken, theyre a little cheaper too

Yup, half the price, $70, much better deal than going with the on brand, and it's just as good if not better than the original.

I gotta get 3 more so I can load my B-52 4x12 with em
Quote by Raijouta
Greenbacks aren't a particularly br00tal speaker, either...

How about you do some more research? You do this every so often - make like 10 threads with your budget, saying you want a better amp, you get all this advice, and then you never bite the bullet and pick an amp, then a few months pass and you don't post for a while, then you come back and make ten more threads.

Go to www.netmusicians.org , listen to a bunch of sound clips of amps and speakers that you're interested in. That way, you can at least gain some perspective on different amps and what they can sound like.

Then when you think you've found something you like the best, buy it, or even better, try it out first.

And you've been helpful in every thread man lol.

To be honest perhaps I'm just a little scared to commit because for the most part I'm only working on video and sound clips.

A lot of gear I get interested in isn't around locally (in terms of amps/guitars).
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yup, half the price, $70, much better deal than going with the on brand, and it's just as good if not better than the original.

I gotta get 3 more so I can load my B-52 4x12 with em

And its not like ur sacrificing quality either. They're USA made speakers, hand wired if im not mistaken. Definatley go with the WGS 30's
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Eminence make 2 diffrent green back clones the 128gb and the Private jack. Both speakers are rated at 75watts if I'm not mistaken. They also have a V30 clone that is the Governor. I have the 333 and I run it with 4 Eminence V12's and they are easily one of my favorite speakers.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have a 6262. Greenbacks sounded the best to me. V30's not so much, I would rather have the G12-75s than V30's. But, i could not afford a 4x12 w/ greenbacks so i bought a randall w/ Jaguar 60's and it was very close and 1/3 of the price. Maybe some day I'll upgrade. This is what sounded good to my ears and yours may tell you different. Lug that thing to some stores and play through as many cabs as you can. your ears will tell you what you like. Its the only way.
Quote by lbj273

And less stuff to explode from Bugera.