So im looking into buying an 84 Monte Carlo from a friend of mine, and from what i hear (aside from some interior cosmetic stuff) the only problem is the A Pillar is rusted. How much would it cost to get it replaced? a ball park is fine i just wanna know if its a $200-$300 fix, or a $1000+ fix
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Do you know what an "A pillar" is?
It's the section of structural support along each side of the windshield. You cannot just replace that without major surgery to the vehicle. Most assuredly will be >$1000. That said, how badly rusted, how deep, can it be sanded, bondo and repainted are all questions that need to be asked. Most collision shops will do a free estimate for you.
Is it a Monte SS?
You can either get a cheap fix, or a more expensive, permanent solution. It's up to you.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Yea i did a lil looking around, and im aware of what the A Pillar is (thankfully lol) and as far as the 'condition' of the rust im not 100% sure. i mean the guy im buying it from is a reliable dude and he uses this car as a daily driver so i can rightfully assume it isn't to a dangerous level. And No it isn't an SS its a CL, but its got SS components and a 350 big block under the hood so i'll deal with it
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer