Is this a good pedal to have. A local guy has a few differant boss pedals for $50 including this one.
This must help sustain the note longer, sound interesting
I don't think that boss pedals are that good ( i has several boss pedals , but sold all of them because there are better alternatives)

Also a it only makes the quiet sounds louder, compressing the dynamic range, so it only good for clean sound or light overdrive, if your using a high gain amp, that it is useless to you.
I don't have experience with it, but I'd expect it to be a very regular Boss pedal. Boss is something that you usually can't really go wrong with it - it won't redefine life for you, and there will be many pedals better than it around, but it'll get the job done. For $50 it's not very expensive, so I'd say to go for it if it appears intriguing for you.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I have one and I must say i4m not that impressed.
It doesn't sustain the note that long and it gives a lot of feedback, I mostly used it as a volume boost
I have one and I use it here and there. It gets the job done. I don't have any complaints about it.

Never had any phantom sounds caused by the pedal or anything unless it was through a solid state amp that has the simulator stuff on it.

To each their own. See if you can test it for a lil while and see if it's one you'd like to add to the collection.
mine added a lot of noise. worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not a fan of Boss pedals in general, and there are defiently better compressors about. That said I have a CS3 which has the Pedaldoc mod - takes away most of the hiss and makes it sound a lot sweeter, but without the mod I didn't use it all that much. For cleans I always have it on, and I generally leave it on distorted, but iut doesn't make any difference there for me really. If your handy with a soldering iron I would defiently get the pedal and one of the various mods on the internet and you will probally get on with it