I won a free laptop but I already have one so I plan on selling it and upgrading the ax. I'm thinking an Ibanez RG1550 RG Prestige but I wanna see if anyone knows of any other guitars that are of high quality, look sick, and within my price range. Thanks a lot.
More info dude...what are your preferences with shape, pickups etc
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
just because I don't know the technical aspects of the guitar doesn't mean I'm not good at playing or enjoy playing any less than you do.
I'm looking for a guitar that can provide a good alternative/classic rock kind of sound. As far as looks I prefer guitars without massive lower body but other than that I'm open to anything. And if your talking shit about me caring about how my guitar looks lemme know how many bitches you pick up in your minivan.
Fender American Special Telecaster, (HSS) Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster, (HSS) Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster, (HSS) Stratocaster
Gibson SG Standard/Special
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer, Flying V
and many many more....

Ibanez RGs aren't exactly guitars for classic rock and stuff, they are shred-guitars.
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jun 24, 2011,
Sickest guitar? There's nothing sicker than these three:

OR

OR

Although all said and done... I think they fall outside your budget
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by SparkitUp
just because I don't know the technical aspects of the guitar doesn't mean I'm not good at playing or enjoy playing any less than you do.
I'm looking for a guitar that can provide a good alternative/classic rock kind of sound. As far as looks I prefer guitars without massive lower body but other than that I'm open to anything. And if your talking shit about me caring about how my guitar looks lemme know how many bitches you pick up in your minivan.

If you play to pick up women, don't bother cuz you can't actually play. Second, if you don't know any technical aspects at all, you obviously aren't that good or you sound like ballsack. Lastly, if you have to ask what the sickest looking guitar is you clearly haven't been playing much.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
As others have said, I'd never buy a guitar based solely on looks - it just so happens that the guitars that I find the most attractive are also my favourite sounding ones - Les Pauls.
Quote by repairmanjack
If you play to pick up women, don't bother cuz you can't actually play. Second, if you don't know any technical aspects at all, you obviously aren't that good or you sound like ballsack. Lastly, if you have to ask what the sickest looking guitar is you clearly haven't been playing much.

I wasn't saying I play to pick up girls I was trying to compare a guitar to a car. Don't people buy cars that look cool as well as drive well? I never said looks are everything but if I have a guitar that I love the looks of, I know that will give me encouragement to keep playing and get better. As far as sounding like a ballsack because I don't know the technical aspects of the guitar it sounds more like your butt hurt that someone who isn't as informed as you is getting a really sick guitar, i'm not even hating tho I totally understand, it's like a kid who doesn't know shit about cars getting a suped up whip that shit pisses me off too. But honestly I create songs playing the lead rhythm bass drums and vocals so don't try and tell me I don't have musical talent because I don't know the technical aspects. And how does me knowing what the sickest looking guitar is have to do with how much I play? last time I checked playing a guitar meant playing music not jerking off to a samash magazine.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by SparkitUp
I wasn't saying I play to pick up girls I was trying to compare a guitar to a car. Don't people buy cars that look cool as well as drive well? I never said looks are everything but if I have a guitar that I love the looks of, I know that will give me encouragement to keep playing and get better. As far as sounding like a ballsack because I don't know the technical aspects of the guitar it sounds more like your butt hurt that someone who isn't as informed as you is getting a really sick guitar, i'm not even hating tho I totally understand, it's like a kid who doesn't know shit about cars getting a suped up whip that shit pisses me off too. But honestly I create songs playing the lead rhythm bass drums and vocals so don't try and tell me I don't have musical talent because I don't know the technical aspects. And how does me knowing what the sickest looking guitar is have to do with how much I play? last time I checked playing a guitar meant playing music not jerking off to a samash magazine.

Butthurt.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Lol.

Do you have any brand/neck shape preference? Also, shape preference?

And what is the rest of your rig?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by SparkitUp

a new IDKWHATIMDOING.....wondeful...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
You were already thinking of that Ibanez so go ahead and get it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Well you're a major dick, so I'd suggest the wangcaster as it suits your personality. or a cheap ass squier strat because thats all you deserve with your piss poor attitude
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Sick guitar? $800-$1200?

I just got one of these not too long ago:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/charvel-pro-mod-limited-wild-card-electric-guitar

Supremely amazing instrument. It plays, feels, and sounds great, and has quite possibly one of the most beautiful finishes I've seen on a production guitar (the pics don't do it justice).

If you're not into that color, here's the same guitar with a different finish:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/charvel-wild-card-5-electric-guitar/h70554000001000

Charvels are extremely underrated.
Quote by ragingkitty
Sickest guitar? There's nothing sicker than these three:

OR

OR

Although all said and done... I think they fall outside your budget

I like the third one the most. I'm also going to guess it's an ESP custom correct?

Also, the Ibanez XPT700XH is pretty sick. Although it's just out of that price range.
Last edited by Mister A.J. at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Mister A.J.
I like the third one the most. I'm also going to guess it's an ESP custom correct?

Also, the Ibanez XPT700XH is pretty sick. Although it's just out of that price range.

Yeah, all custom shop work, mate. Fairly imaginative IMO.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
^^names/artists associated with those guitars??
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by SparkitUp

So...you're telling me that your desire for the "sickest looking guitar" in the price range with no technical specs whatsoever is a good decision. I'm not butt hurt at all about what you might or might not get, I can afford pretty much any guitar or amp I have a desire to get right now(including CS instruments). If you were really as good as you say you are without knowing anything...Anything...ANYTHING about what parts of your sound certain things will affect, and how you'd have to be a prodigy. Part of the game is learning what does what as you progress(We've all been there).

Another part of playing, is learning and reading about other axes. I don't jerk off to guitar mags, but I do go to GC on a pretty regular basis to check stuff out as well as being pretty active on the forums here. This pretty much equates to seeing a boatload of guitars and knowing what they look like(for the most part).

Do yourself a favor and keep playing your squier wit EMGs for moar br00talz thru ur uber metalz spider for a while so you don't waste money on a guitar that "loooks uber sick" and plays like a 2x4 with some strings on it.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Controlpanel
^^names/artists associated with those guitars??

It came outta ESP's custom shop.

I don't think there any names, since ESP probably did the guitars just to show that they can do something really extreme / outrageous.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )