Hey there,

Just finished my first ever recording. The quality is pretty crappy, but hopefully it gives you a feel for what my stuff is like. I am a very self concious singer... what do you think of the vocals? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

The song is called October Chill and can be found here
http://www.myspace.com/thewolfshourmusic
dont worry, you dont need an account to see it!

thanks
Quote by Mx023
picture everyone naked with hot sauce being poured all over their body and then just think "i'm too good for hot sauce and all these naked people" then just do what comes naturally to you. it's all so simple
Did you mix and EQ? Some EQ would work wonders with fitting the vocals into the overall vibe of the song, I'd say
I don't have a signature
Quote by dankhus
Did you mix and EQ? Some EQ would work wonders with fitting the vocals into the overall vibe of the song, I'd say

I didn't i have no clue how
Quote by Mx023
picture everyone naked with hot sauce being poured all over their body and then just think "i'm too good for hot sauce and all these naked people" then just do what comes naturally to you. it's all so simple
Quote by Raptor94
I didn't i have no clue how
Watcha use to track/record?
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by muso_catolico
Watcha use to track/record?

I have my lexicon alpha hooked up to my pc... I use Cubase and after recording I will general make the guitars sound nice with some vst plugins... the drums are ezdrummer.
Quote by Mx023
Cubase should have some EQ plugins already.

Now let me ask you two things:

Do you already know how to setup EZdrummer to put certain drums to certain mixer tracks, so you can mix them with your Cubase mixer and not the ezdrummer (terrible mixer)?

Do you want to learn how to EQ different instruments?
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Your voice needs some effects, it won't stand on its own, its too monotone. Or try making your voice dynamic. Anyone can sing, you just have to find your style of singing, try to learn to control you voice in a dynamic manner instead of jsut a flat tone.

Either way, liked your riffs and what not, could use a little bit more reverb to give it that presence.