I'm making an ambient piece which represents the beginning of everything (the Big Bang theory to be precise) and i'm having trouble finding any high quality sounds :/.

Can someone link me to a high quality, huge explosion or tell me how to create an explosion using VSTs (i have Propellerhead's Reason, recently upgraded to 5).
Quote by Afroboy267

Can someone link me to a high quality, huge explosion or tell me how to create an explosion using VSTs (i have Propellerhead's Reason, recently upgraded to 5).

Quote by truiteleague
You can get a microphone (rent it if you don't have one) with a recorder. Then record something that sound like an explosion!

Fail.

This might be a dumb question but did you look through the sound effects folder in reason? I only have version 3 and I seem to remember a pretty big selection of sound effects.

Or, if you want to try create one on your own: Take a kick and maybe snare hit, drench that in reverb and run the whole thing into a distortion plugin. That might work. Maybe pitch the kick and snare down first or time stretch it?
Last edited by suppositron at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Afroboy267
i'm having trouble finding any high quality sounds :/.

Quote by CarsonStevens

Tried Googling already.
I know for a fact that Native Instruments Battery 3 has a great Armageddon kit that has a lot of explosion sounds. If you don't have it, someone could probably export one of the samples from the kit and send it to you.
Quote by cgilli
I know for a fact that Native Instruments Battery 3 has a great Armageddon kit that has a lot of explosion sounds. If you don't have it, someone could probably export one of the samples from the kit and send it to you.

This and I have some great samples but my production computer is not with me right now...
Have you tried ripping an explosion sound from a movie. It might be a little easier than trying to create one.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.