On my Les Paul copy, the G string is buzzing terribly when played open. I've tried taking the string off then putting it back on, adjusting the truss rod and brought the saddle forward but nothing is working. When I put my ear to the nut there's no buzz, but if I listen towards the bridge end the buzzing is existant. What can I do to fix this?

Cheers,
Hayden.
Are you sure it's not the pickguard etc resonating? I had that problem for a long time.
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
I've tightened up the pickguard, even held it still as I strummed my guitar and it still buzzed. Even when I pick the g string slowly, it still buzzes slightly, and the buzzing increases the harder I pick.
Quote by Haydenr25
I've tightened up the pickguard, even held it still as I strummed my guitar and it still buzzed. Even when I pick the g string slowly, it still buzzes slightly, and the buzzing increases the harder I pick.

Uh, ok. So is the string buzzing against the frets? It might also be a loose pickup ring. Also check the saddle for wear.
Quote by durhamdynamo

Covered in bees!
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what's a pickup ring? And I'll take a look at the saddle sometime today when I'm back home.
Quote by Haydenr25
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what's a pickup ring? And I'll take a look at the saddle sometime today when I'm back home.

Pickup ring is a plastic frame around the pickup. Holds the pickup on the body with screws.
Quote by durhamdynamo

Covered in bees!
I'm back home now. After looking at it again, tightening up the pickup rings, for some reason (maybe me being an idiot) it sounds like the buzzing is coming from the nut. Now the low E open is buzzing too. I've restringed it with d'addario EXL110 .10 gauge recently, this is the 2nd string chang since I brought it second hand. I've read about having to replace/file the nut to fit different gauge strings, could this be a problem? I don't know what strings came with it, or if the owner restringed it after purchase.
Quote by Haydenr25
I'm back home now. After looking at it again, tightening up the pickup rings, for some reason (maybe me being an idiot) it sounds like the buzzing is coming from the nut. Now the low E open is buzzing too. I've restringed it with d'addario EXL110 .10 gauge recently, this is the 2nd string chang since I brought it second hand. I've read about having to replace/file the nut to fit different gauge strings, could this be a problem? I don't know what strings came with it, or if the owner restringed it after purchase.

Restringing guitars is a common thing, I usually do it once a month, every 2 weeks if I can afford it.

Your prolly safe with .010 gauge strings, since most guitars are designed for them.

Have you checked to see if the tuners are loose? Are any of the saddles sitting loose when there are no strings on the guitar? Are your frets level? You can check this by taking a ruler, and using the flat edge and placing it on the frets, looking for low or high spots, and go across the entire neck doing this.
How do I check if my tuners are loose? The saddles move ever so slightly with the string off, would that cause the buzz? And I mean they move less than a millimetre.
Quote by Haydenr25
How do I check if my tuners are loose? The saddles move ever so slightly with the string off, would that cause the buzz? And I mean they move less than a millimetre.

You can check if the tuners are loose by moving the peg with your hand, if they are loose, you should feel some movement in the peg(where the string goes through).

On TOM bridges, some movement is ok, but if it freely moves around, without you trying to move it, it's prolly too loose and might...might, cause some buzz.
The peg isn't loose. Is it worth saying that when I pick between the pickups, the buzz is there but when I pick at around the 12th fret the buzzing is much worse on the G string. On the low E, the buzzing is worse between the pickups than picking at around the 12th fret.