Hi
(My first post at UG )

I recently went to a guitar shop here in Norway, that is going to close down. Therefore they have a pretty good discount on everything, to get rid of it.

For the last 4-5 months i have been playing acoustic, and i play all the open chords well, and have just started getting those bar chords into my music. The thing is that i have always wanted an electric guitar, and now seems like the opportunity to get a good deal.

I have been offered an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (no more standard's in stock) to approximately $900 (original price approx. $1280).

In addition i can get an the Fender g-dec amp, a rack and a cable.

With all those things the price would be approx. $1400.

So do you guys think it will be a good deal? Or should i head over to another store, so that i'm certain i will get the future service i am going to need too?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
I don't know what prices are like in Norway but dang that's expensive! I have a standard. It's a good guitar. I think the only differences between the standard and custom are cosmetic. The G-Dec is a decent practice amp, IMO. What type of music will you be playing?
Well, Norway is a very expensive country (living in Sweden I get a shock every time I go over there). You might want to check out some online store like thomann. Quite reputable, based in germany, I know they ship to Sweden without any issues.

EDIT: Just remembered, Norway isn't a EU country. Will make things more complicated with the shipping what with customs and all. Maybe it's time to join so you don't have to buy everything at those ridiculous prices!
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Jun 24, 2011,
I will be playing mostly (classic?) rock. GnR, led zep etc

Norway is expensive, and the least expensive standard would probably cost around $800 i think
I would check online to get it cheaper, because that sounds really expensive.
Thomann, the one LeakyFlask mentioned, for example, has it for 490-ish euros
Possibly look pre-owned, my friend bought one pre owned for £350 (not sure how much that is in $). But yeah, that does seem pretty expensive.