Page 2 of 82
Steam ID Trowzaa
Don't have a clue what to do with any of it so if I take years to answer friends requests don't blame me.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It'll be a lot easier to just create a group on steam and have people join rather than keeping a list of names. That way you won't need to add everybody as friends, etc and can organize events with reminders and stuff.

Also to the people who are playing for the first time, the learning curve can be steep for some classes and you'll probably run around lost and die a lot at first (especially on CP_Steel).
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
It'll be a lot easier to just create a group on steam and have people join rather than keeping a list of names. That way you won't need to add everybody as friends, etc and can organize events with reminders and stuff.

Ha, I was just thinking this
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by sk8boardbob2

Also to the people who are playing for the first time, the learning curve can be steep for some classes and you'll probably run around lost and die a lot at first (especially on CP_Steel).

I actually found that a lot of the traditional FPS skils transferred over, excluding classes specific to class-based FPS'(Medic, engi, and the impossible-to-hit-with scoot)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
What's a good beginner class? Just to learn the basics.

HAI MAYBE I CAN PLEY THIs

*Downloads Steam*

*Won't even load Steam*

**** :/ Minesweeper for the rest of my life I guess
Quote by Trowzaa
What's a good beginner class? Just to learn the basics.

Medic. You can learn a lot just by watching what your teammates do.
Quote by imdeth
Medic. You can learn a lot just by watching what your teammates do.

Are medics not relied on for health or does everyone just die and not give a shit?

Quote by Trowzaa
Are medics not relied on for health or does everyone just die and not give a shit?

Unless you do something really noticeably stupid, they won't care. Besides, no-one cares about dying anymore, as long as they get hats >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Unless you do something really noticeably stupid, they won't care. Besides, no-one cares about dying anymore, as long as they get hats >_>

This is all a foreign language to me I'll work it all out eventually, half way through downloading it. Shall I just download all the free expansions/add-ons/whatever they're called?

Quote by Trowzaa

...Those are the same thing?

Quote by necrosis1193
...Those are the same thing?

Whatt?
Are medics not relied on to heal people or do people not give a shit about dying is what I'm saying?

Quote by Trowzaa
This is all a foreign language to me I'll work it all out eventually, half way through downloading it. Shall I just download all the free expansions/add-ons/whatever they're called?

It should be included with the download.

Medics are really freaking important in any serious game. But then again the game is seldom that serious. Let's just say that they are key players in the game. A good medic and a heavy= madness,
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Trowzaa
Whatt?
Are medics not relied on to heal people or do people not give a shit about dying is what I'm saying?

...Again, aren't those relatively the same thing?

I think you're asking along the lines of "Are Medics combat oriented or do people not care about being healed by them?"

If you're fighting, you can't heal. So if they're not relied on for healing, that'd mean people are unconcerned with dying?

Quote by necrosis1193
...Again, aren't those relatively the same thing?

I think you're asking along the lines of "Are Medics combat oriented or do people not care about being healed by them?"

If you're fighting, you can't heal. So if they're not relied on for healing, that'd mean people are unconcerned with dying?

I'm so confused
Basically, do people care if they die?

Quote by Trowzaa
I'm so confused

Not particularly, but medics are really helpful for invading enemy bases/areas, and its nice to have at least one on your team. People don't really care if they die, but they'll like you and back you up if you heal them.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Trowzaa
Whatt?

It's not about dying. Any number of medics on either team will influence the outcome of a round. That said

Team with medic(s) > Team without medic(s) (usually)
I'm wondering if my ISP would hate me if I set up a dedicated server >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by metaldud536
It's not about dying. Any number of medics on either team will influence the outcome of a round. That said

Team with medic(s) > Team without medic(s) (usually)

Quote by smartalec007
Not particularly, but medics are really helpful for invading enemy bases/areas, and its nice to have at least one on your team. People don't really care if they die, but they'll like you and back you up if you heal them.

Ahhh, awesome. Cheers guys.

Quote by Trowzaa
I'm so confused

Ah. Kind of. A lot of people , particularly newer people who aren't aware that the Medic is the crux of a good team, would rather you die than them. But they're mostly wrong in my opinion.

I, as well as most people who know the value of a Medic and/or play Medic frequently, would rather take a bullet for the Medic, as you don't have a lot of HP, you can heal me faster than you heal, I can fight back, and the ubercharge - In a nutshell, as you heal, you build uber. Once you hit 100%, you can activate a special ability for ten seconds on you and your heal target. These vary between the three mediguns, but the most-loved one and default one is ten seconds of invulnerability. Can slaughter an entire team with a good target, either offensively or defensively. - doesn't respawn with you.

This doesn't mean be timid; the people who need you most are on the front, and that's where you get the most uber from. But if you're under heavy fire and/or low on health, especially if your heal target is a slower class, don't be afraid to fall back, with or without them, especially if you have some charge built up.

Quote by necrosis1193
Ah. Kind of. A lot of people , particularly newer people who aren't aware that the Medic is the crux of a good team, would rather you die than them. But they're mostly wrong in my opinion.

I, as well as most people who know the value of a Medic and/or play Medic frequently, would rather take a bullet for the Medic, as you don't have a lot of HP, you can heal me faster than you heal, I can fight back, and the ubercharge - In a nutshell, as you heal, you build uber. Once you hit 100%, you can activate a special ability for ten seconds on you and your heal target. These vary between the three mediguns, but the most-loved one and default one is ten seconds of invulnerability. Can slaughter an entire team with a good target, either offensively or defensively. - doesn't respawn with you.

This doesn't mean be timid; the people who need you most are on the front, and that's where you get the most uber from. But if you're under heavy fire and/or low on health, especially if your heal target is a slower class, don't be afraid to fall back, with or without them, especially if you have some charge built up.

I honestly didn't understand a word you just said I'll understand as soon as I start playing I'm sure, cheers for the in-depth reply

Quote by metaldud536
We used to have a server for the gaming thread but it died real fast.

Ah shit, fair enough.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Hory Shet!!!

They said it will take a day to d/l at ~100kb/s
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Edit: ^ That's what happens when a game good enough to have a strong community even after five years with no single-player mode goes free.

Quote by Trowzaa
I honestly didn't understand a word you just said I'll understand as soon as I start playing I'm sure, cheers for the in-depth reply

No worries, that would've gone over my head for a while too. Best of luck mate.

I dunno I think that Soldier is better suited as a beginner class. As some of you have already stated medics often carry the responsability of helping to rest of the team "advance" like in Payload maps.

Also medic isn't the best choice because you are probably going to be the target of practically everyone.

Quote by metaldud536
We used to have a server for the gaming thread but it died real fast.

I just saw something about making a TF2 server on the Gaming thread group page. How is that going?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Last edited by Ostinattos at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by entity0009
Ah shit, fair enough.

Well it died because only the people the gaming thread would play and they were mostly from the UK. If we have a thread for all of UG to join the server we could have a filled server every night especially that the game is free now.

Quote by Ostinattos

I just saw something about making a TF2 server on the Gaming thread group page. How is that going?

I havent been there lately or talked to any of the regulars there.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jun 25, 2011,
Well I'll try a game on both then, this is if it actually runs good enough on my machine

Medic is good for beginners since it's relatively passive. You just click to heal and follow teammates, helping you learn the maps and general gameplay/tactics.

Soldier isn't that good for beginners IMO since it's kinda hard to hit stuff at first and you run out of ammo fast.

A beginner can be a decent Pyro (W+M1) but it does take a while to get good at it. But even a crap Pyro is good for spy checking.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
I don't think it's working for me anyway

^How so?

The download got to 56% , probably a few more hours and I'll be able to play!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
count me in

steam user-name in sig
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me