Page 3 of 82
Quote by Ostinattos
^How so?

The download got to 56% , probably a few more hours and I'll be able to play!

When I clicked on it it said "TF2 is preparing to launch..." It got stuck on that, I eventually got round that and then it started being really slow. My machine's not that bad though, it can run Fifa 2009 pretty well so it should be able to run this, I'll have a fiddle with the options when I can be arsed.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Joined the group, just re-installing the game now, been a while since I last played
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Steam name: rjdusa
Don't play all that often though. Now that it's ftp it must be crowded.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
my name is Beef_mcstud if anybody wants to play haha.
im a beginner tho.
Classical Guitarist
HIT ME UP NIGGGASS IM QUITE A BEAST AT THIS GAME...

thechronicmars420
Come with me, lets take flight...
Quote by Trowzaa
When I clicked on it it said "TF2 is preparing to launch..." It got stuck on that, I eventually got round that and then it started being really slow. My machine's not that bad though, it can run Fifa 2009 pretty well so it should be able to run this, I'll have a fiddle with the options when I can be arsed.

Mine behaves similarly, it takes a while to launch, and to load the maps but once I'm actually playing it is good.

You could start playing against bots while you fiddle with the config.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
I hate the general community of this game, and think it is very overrated, but I'm going to play a little bit since it's free.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/einface
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Jun 26, 2011,
I'm in, steam ID is TheDirtyHero
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Joined. Looking forward to playing once it's DL'd
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I guess I'll start playing now. Feeling a little bored.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Decide to start playing again and mid game my computer decides "Nope, I'm going to install updates and restart without asking you." Oh well.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
I seriously need to polish my sniping skills - I've been using a Sydney Sleeper for months, and want to use the new rifle, but I can't use it becaus ei can't headshot for crap.

Do we have anyone who has the computers to host a server? Like I said, if we do, I'd love a TF2 night to welcome and help all the new F2P guys sharpen their skills.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I'd forgotten just how easy the sniper was to play!
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I didn't know they had bots to play with!

Was playing the guy with the minigun 2 days ago against bots and I was owning. For some reason, my team still lost. I don't know how that happened.

I'd imagine the minigun isn't so easy to use to faceroll against real players.
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Medic is good for beginners since it's relatively passive. You just click to heal and follow teammates, helping you learn the maps and general gameplay/tactics.

Soldier isn't that good for beginners IMO since it's kinda hard to hit stuff at first and you run out of ammo fast.

A beginner can be a decent Pyro (W+M1) but it does take a while to get good at it. But even a crap Pyro is good for spy checking.

Engies are also a great class for begginers since it doesn't need much skill to build sentries. Unless you want to play offensive, now that's a different story.
Meh.
I'm actually much better at this than I thought!

I plucked up the courage to go online with it today (downloaded yesterday, played the training thing and did a couple of bot matches, wasn't great at it), did the first match as a Medic, helped out quite a bit, got a few achieves. Then thought "**** assisting", went for a soldier, cos there's not much skill to it like Sniper or Spy classes, and there's not a lot of importance in the offense/defense like the Heavy or Engineer, so I thought it'd be good to give it a shot as my first offensive run.

Anyway, turns out both matches I played, I ended up scoring the most points or the second most points (...I really hope this isn't like golf, otherwise my happiness is ruined. ).

This was all using a laptop touch pad over than a mouse. I think I'm going to lose a lot of my life on this.

All I want to do now is get a bit better at the Sniper or Spy class, cos they're so badass. But I don't think I'd have the tactics to pull of the Spy...I'd end up falling flat like a couple of cases I saw earlier, where one would try to backstab me...then miss, then run off as I was shooting...then in plain sight disguise as a Scout...despite the massive speed difference.
So yeah I can see that happening to me.
The free to play is pretty limited though, so it's not SO bad for people who already bought it.

Steam name: Robster881

Add me and shit
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
The free to play is pretty limited though, so it's not SO bad for people who already bought it.

I dunno, it seems mainly stuff that barely affect the game that's inaccessible to F2P users.
Like hats and certain aspects of crafting and stuff. While that could affect the game in terms of weapons and stuff, it's not like the game's unplayable using the stock or basic upgrade weapons.

Plus you can spent like £2 on the store and get a premium account...as opposed to the £15 someone spent initially...I can almost see why people are pissed.
Now it's not letting me in games. I've done all the training, that worked fine but when I try to join an actual game it gets up to "acquiring server info" or something and just stops working. I left it for 10 minutes and it still didn't work. I'm gonna give up on this soon.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I hate the general community of this game, and think it is very overrated, but I'm going to play a little bit since it's free.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/einface

Just kidding, my laptop is too shit to run it :/
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Nickorawrus - Addme!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I paid for this and never played it. I guess I'll give it a go. I've joined the group. I'll play once I'm done with the tutorials. >_>

My Steam name is the same as my UG name, BeefWellington
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Jun 26, 2011,
I've never played TF2 before, but I could give it a shot once I'm done downloading & the tutorials.
Okay I'm reinstalling this game(I uninstalled a day before the update fml.) because this sounds kinda fun and I'm fairly good at tf2. I gave away my 1337 hats though sadface.

Edit: my Steam is ImpendingDoom1014
Last edited by djentman at Jun 26, 2011,
Why. Doesn't. the. Server. Search. Work!!!?
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Assuming the google search I just did was right (if it is, this post has been made at around 2:40PM) I'll probably be long asleep at that time.

But I would enjoy to play a UG game. Then I'll feel a bit less bad about sucking cos I can explain myself!

Oh, also, my steam name is Rerellison: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rerellison/
Anyone fancy a UG game right now? 8pm EST is a bit late for some UK people I think.
🙈 🙉 🙊