Page 5 of 82
Quote by entity0009
We could just find an empty server and seize that for the moment?

If you can find one...

Lol at the notion of finding empty servers the weekend it becomes ftp

EDIT: Oh.....
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by entity0009
174.132.18.136:27015 or just join 14 Hertz on the group.

it says ur offline bro
Yo, new tf2 players. Look after your medics. That is all. Don't take the health kits while they're healing you. They need them more than you do. Peace out.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
Yo, new tf2 players. Look after your medics. That is all. Don't take the health kits while they're healing you. They need them more than you do. Peace out.

Relatedly, Heavies, if your Medic is on fire or hurting, and you have your sandvich or dalokoh's bar, right-click to drop it for them. It'll heal them, and they're already healing you, so you needn't use it, and they have less than half your health. Getting set on fire by a backburner pyro, even at full health, can kill them if not put out.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Relatedly, Heavies, if your Medic is on fire or hurting, and you have your sandvich or dalokoh's bar, right-click to drop it for them. It'll heal them, and they're already healing you, so you needn't use it, and they have less than half your health. Getting set on fire by a backburner pyro, even at full health, can kill them if not put out.

I've been playing the game for years and I didn't even know you could drop sandviches
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by tommo619
I've been playing the game for years and I didn't even know you could drop sandviches

I wouldn't have if it weren't for someone telling me to do it when they were on fire once.

It seems a lot of people have this problem (a fair few on the TF2 section of the steam forums have said as much, I can only assume even more have).

It looks like US users are fine, but others (potentially only EU I didn't see anything from any other users) can't find any servers, even after alleged fixes have been done...

Anyone here play in Australia/on Aus servers?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I paid for this over a year ago, and I've never played it. In fact my clan has several servers for TF2, but very few of the regulars ever play it, so I don't know why they bothered setting up the servers. We're all DoD:S nutters.

I might play it with you guys at some point, but far more likely I'll just stay in DoD:S with my trusty Sturmgewehr 44.
I still can't find any servers. My fav and history list works fine though...It's been like this for over a day now
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Edit: ^I get that occasionally. Try rebooting Steam?

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Shotgun > Sandvich

Hoovy shotgun is for people who can't dakka. Sandvich has saved me many times that I'd rather have it than a shotgun. You just have to find somewhere that a pyro or spy won't sneak up at.

Also do we have a server? It seems like I'm reading conflicting reports on the matter.

Steam name is the same as my username here. I'm not on much (need a new mouse) but hopefully that'll change soon.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Does anyone else have trouble with the replay editor? Whenever I try to open a video to edit, it crashes. I'm not sure why, it worked fine with the Saxxies. And I've seen people get the replay-based achievements, so I know it works for some.

Hey! No one's even playing.

So this is how it ends huh? I finish my exams and I'm like "Yeah, right now I'd really like to play some TF2 with those UG chaps!"

So... anyone up for a game?
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Hey! No one's even playing.

So this is how it ends huh? I finish my exams and I'm like "Yeah, right now I'd really like to play some TF2 with those UG chaps!"

So... anyone up for a game?

I was playing until a few minutes ago, but I'm heading to bed.

Happy that the server thing's been fixed.

Played a pretty good match just as a Pyro. Dayum Pyros are easy to play. Got so many kills, and along with that so many achievements. Managed to do the whole "uncover 10 spies" Pyro achieve in one match...

Still annoyed that every couple of minutes I lag like mad and end up dead.
Hey, my problem's been fixed too!

I think I'm really getting into the Pyro gameplay. Nothing is more satisfying than saving a Medic on fire or killing a Soldier by reflecting his rockets back at him.

Now, question. When people talk about sandvich and stuff, I know they're weapons, but don't have them. I found weapons for Demo and Soldier, so I'm assuming you unlock or find them?
Last edited by triface at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by triface
Hey, my problem's been fixed too!

I think I'm really getting into the Pyro gameplay. Nothing is more satisfying than saving a Medic on fire or killing a Soldier by reflecting his rockets back at him.

Now, question. When people talk about sandvich and stuff, I know they're weapons, but don't have them. I found weapons for Demo and Soldier, so I'm assuming you unlock or find them?

I enjoy the Pyro, but I can't find it satisfying, maybe I'm playing it wrong with this class, but it seems to be a case of "See enemies, spam fire, enemies die, you get like a million different fire based achieves"

I think what's more satisfying is when stuff with skill (then again stuff like reflecting rockets with the pyro is quite skillful!) prevails. Like getting numerous headshots in a row, resulting in capturing the middle ground with the Sniper.

Or successfully dodging a barrage of bullets from a Heavy, then jumping on his head and shooting him downwards in the face til he dies as the Scout...though some may consider that almost cheating, it's hard to deny the pleasing sensation of knowing that the Heavy is there, unable to do anything, rendered almost useless in that moment by a spoilt kid from Boston...awwwh yea.

And yeah, with stuff like the Sandvich, you have to randomly get them, or you can probably also buy one.
Though I've been having an alright rate of finding items. Unfortunately not in any of the classes I use (I keep getting Demoman items. ) so if it's the same with everyone else I can assume unless you're after one specific item there's little point in buying, as you'll probably get this stuff eventually...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I enjoy the Pyro, but I can't find it satisfying, maybe I'm playing it wrong with this class, but it seems to be a case of "See enemies, spam fire, enemies die, you get like a million different fire based achieves"

Totally see what you're saying. It feels like there isn't much skill involved in killing people with Pyro.

"BURN SCOUT BURN!"

Edit: I just remembered. I was having so much fun blowing people off the tower on one of the payload maps. Can't remember which. Ended up dying, but it was so worth it.

...Now, if only the bots felt frustration...
Play Proro, use your airblast + axtinguisher to wreak havoc. Immensely satisfying.
Up The Boro!
Quote by triface

I think the Sandvich drops after 10 heavy achievements. It can also be crafted by following the blueprint here http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sandvich
Quote by imdeth
I think the Sandvich drops after 10 heavy achievements. It can also be crafted by following the blueprint here http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sandvich

It's when you get the first 'milestone' achievement. Which requires 10 heavy achievements.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
**** yes. I'll be making a Steam account shortly.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Hm. So for these achievements, do I have to be on multiplayer to earn them? I'm thinking yes, because the bots can be pretty easy to kill sometimes.

Anyway, was playing sniper yesterday night and was having fun one-shotting everyone as offense.

You know, until there were 5 minutes left on the map and I switched to Pyro in desperation but couldn't win in that time because everybody was too far away for my fire to work.
Apparently my graphics card isn't good enough to play TF2 on this computer. My other comp is newer and may be able to play it
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Obvious question...

But did you turn down the graphics?

Did you try this? http://netbooknetwork.net/forums/gaming/the-tf2-ultimate-fps-pack-dev-thread/

I'm getting that it increases your FPS, which is improving your performance, which could potentially mean it will bring the game to a playable state on your computer.

Haven't tried it, so I can't guarantee that it works (or for that matter, virus-free), though.

Edit: Apparently there are false positives. Your call.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Apparently my graphics card isn't good enough to play TF2 on this computer. My other comp is newer and may be able to play it

Try upgrading everything just in case.

Also add me on steam, the pony thread must unite!!!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Last edited by Ostinattos at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by Ostinattos

Also add me on steam, the pony thread must unite!!!

I shall. Long live the Pony Thread!!!
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121