Page 75 of 82
I've never been able to use the Eternal Reward very well. This is probably because my propensity to go after Engi Nests as a Spy, and I can never get a good disguise before going after the Engineer.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I'm guessing you're using your mouse wheel to switch weapons?

alias revolver "slot1; bind MWHEELUP sapper; bind MWHEELDOWN knife"
alias sapper "slot2; bind MWHEELUP knife; bind MWHEELDOWN revolver"
alias knife "slot3; bind MWHEELUP revolver; bind MWHEELDOWN sapper"

revolver
Put that in your spy.cfg file (which is in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\ if it already exists).

If it doesn't, paste the above into notepad and save it as spy.cfg and put it in the same folder. Make sure you select 'all files' in the 'Save as type' dropdown menu.

If that works (which it might not because I'm kinda retarded) you'll start with your gun out, mousewheel down will select your knife and mousewheel down again will select your sapper and then gun again etc. Mousewheel up should do the same thing backwards.

stratkat
Nah, I'm using the "Use last weapon" button. I'm fine and capable of stab-sapping, but what I'm saying is that I can never find a good target using a YER other than a Heavy, which is awful for going after anything but the most inept Engis.

I find it easier even by the fact that I don't have to manage my disguises that much and just let my kills decide what I disguise as. It's less to deal with.

Quote by EuBoat
I'm guessing you're using your mouse wheel to switch weapons?

alias revolver "slot1; bind MWHEELUP sapper; bind MWHEELDOWN knife"
alias sapper "slot2; bind MWHEELUP knife; bind MWHEELDOWN revolver"
alias knife "slot3; bind MWHEELUP revolver; bind MWHEELDOWN sapper"

revolver
Put that in your spy.cfg file (which is in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\ if it already exists).

If it doesn't, paste the above into notepad and save it as spy.cfg and put it in the same folder. Make sure you select 'all files' in the 'Save as type' dropdown menu.

If that works (which it might not because I'm kinda retarded) you'll start with your gun out, mousewheel down will select your knife and mousewheel down again will select your sapper and then gun again etc. Mousewheel up should do the same thing backwards.

Cheers!
Anyone here use tf2lobby? I've been using it a bit recently for Highlander (I'm not good enough for 6s). It's very fun.

EDIT: Also, fully working Dustbowl map in Minecraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f2brU8hBWc
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard

Give me a pink hat and suddenly I'm the happiest pyro in the world :3

stratkat
Sup guys, I'm trading some TF2 items for games. Including OSX earbuds and some vintage stuff. Steam ID:
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Last edited by SupahStrat at Oct 10, 2012,
Is there any way to defeat Demomen?

I've been having a hard time against demomen with pocket medics who lob crit stickies at you. They do shitttons of damage and you can't avoid the blast radius. Any advice?
Quote by sashki
Is there any way to defeat Demomen?

I've been having a hard time against demomen with pocket medics who lob crit stickies at you. They do shitttons of damage and you can't avoid the blast radius. Any advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWk4QDbxkT4

Alternatively you find a good angle. It's all about the angles really, if you can get around to his blind spot and kill his Medic, then you should have an easy time finishing the job. It's why the Soldier can rocket jump, the Scout can double jump, etc.

I think Demo is overpowered, namely the sticky launcher. It's supposed to be a trap weapon but it's used for spam, and it's basically a rocket launcher with clip size 8 where you get explode the rockets at any time. It also insanely increases the Demo's mobility. It also has higher base damage and firing speed, less fall-off, and faster reload speed.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Oct 14, 2012,
Quote by TheSPillow
I think Demo is overpowered, namely the sticky launcher. It's supposed to be a trap weapon but it's used for spam, and it's basically a rocket launcher with clip size 8 where you get explode the rockets at any time. It also insanely increases the Demo's mobility. It also has higher base damage and firing speed, less fall-off, and faster reload speed.

It also does a LOT more self-damage when jumping, has arming time, its projectiles need to be detonated manually and they arc, unlike the rocket launcher.

The sticky launcher isn't meant to be a trap weapon, Valve has never said it was explicitly designed for that purpose, its meant to be an area-denial weapon, and that's what it does.

Demo is meant to be extremely powerful at mid-range, but outside of that he is very vulnerable.
Quote by littlephil
It also does a LOT more self-damage when jumping, has arming time, its projectiles need to be detonated manually and they arc, unlike the rocket launcher.

The sticky launcher isn't meant to be a trap weapon, Valve has never said it was explicitly designed for that purpose, its meant to be an area-denial weapon, and that's what it does.

Demo is meant to be extremely powerful at mid-range, but outside of that he is very vulnerable.

Yes, but I think the real problem is the skill ceiling; A great demoman can probably wreck most 12 player teams because those things can be fixed with skill.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I just hate really good players who have pocket medics on them at all times. They wreck your shit and end up with more points than your entire team combined. Also, they're immune to scrambling, cos they'll just sit in spectator until they can both join the same team.

If the medic leaves and the other guy stays, he's still a skilled player but nowhere near as threatening.

It's always the same people, too. They probably know each other. Maybe the medics are the other guys' submissive girlfriends.
So I have a strange quick-fix and it is literally so much fun :3 I don't care that its really ineffective, it makes medic kinda fun versus a chore
[FTL] shinryu i be

Combat Medic reporting in

The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst.
- Winston Churchill
Quote by TheSPillow
A great demoman can probably wreck most 12 player teams because those things can be fixed with skill.

A great scout or soldier can do the same

The problem with Demo is lots of people still don't know how to engage one. If you stay at medium range he can kill you easily. You need to either back off or get right up close but most people still just try to take him at medium range, where he is most powerful.
The best solution to a good Demoman is a good Pyro. Airblast the projectiles and a shield charge, light him on fire so it eats away, then either finish him with a shotgun/flare gun from a distance, or try to hit him with an axtinguisher up close if he's not using a good sword.

The number of spies I still see running enforcer + spycicle + DR makes me sad.

Especially since I've been using the kunai a lot lately and they can one-shot me if I haven't stabbed anyone yet :<

stratkat
Had a 1v1 with cm^ PYYYOUR yesterday. In case you aren't aware, he's a member of a competitive TF2 team called Classic Mixup, which is probably the best team in NA (arguably worldwide).

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Oct 17, 2012,
Quote by LightandEasy
Strange direct hit acquired. I feel so pro when I use it

Direct Hit is awesome, airshots are soooo fun.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Oct 21, 2012,
I have a salvaged crate #40...anyone know what thats worth...im dont really follow the tf2 economy
Quote by patrickaaron
KFC Gravy is like a nectar from the Gods I even use it as lube to titty bang my wife

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Lost my virginity in my arse but I didn't push back so it wasn't gay so don't call me gay cuz it isn't gay
Anyone else hate it when playing on MVM and you can't try out other classes because when you do, the player who is playing your main is just doing horribly?

Happens to me whenever I don't play pyro. Once a guy used the Backburner! Airblasting is the pyro's first priority! Why give it a penalty!? WTF!?

/rant
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Nirvanaguy007
I have a salvaged crate #40...anyone know what thats worth...im dont really follow the tf2 economy

At the moment about 12-13 keys. However, crate 50 is about to come out. #40 will stop dropping into backpacks so the price will skyrocket. If I were you I'd keep it and sell it in a while for hopefully upward of 16 keys. The crate 30s are crazy high right now, over 30 keys IIRC.

Quote by rockingamer2
Anyone else hate it when playing on MVM and you can't try out other classes because when you do, the player who is playing your main is just doing horribly?

Happens to me whenever I don't play pyro. Once a guy used the Backburner! Airblasting is the pyro's first priority! Why give it a penalty!? WTF!?

/rant

I don't play MvM very much, but I'd like to play it more. It can be really fun to just try insane strategies. Sometimes things like 4 brass beast heavies, an engy, and a spy can work very well. One really fun thing to do is have a pyro or two and then have a scout with the sun on a stick with fully upgraded firing speed. You end up doing about 9923498207349 dps. Also Righteous Bison is crazy overpowered in MvM. Try it if you haven't.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Oct 22, 2012,
Quote by rockingamer2

/rant

Phlog is pretty much superior to all other flamers in MvM. With a Natscha heavy (even just a regular minigun) and the destroy projectiles upgrade you don't need airblast. Airblasting the bots is almost never useful (since it doesn't work on giant scouts and they're the only things that need to be airblasted) and if you get to the point where you NEED airblast to stop a cap you're doing it wrong in the first place.

Build your MMPH and you can take down tanks easily without needing krit canteens.

Quote by TheSPillow
I don't play MvM very much, but I'd like to play it more. It can be really fun to just try insane strategies. Sometimes things like 4 brass beast heavies, an engy, and a spy can work very well. One really fun thing to do is have a pyro or two and then have a scout with the sun on a stick with fully upgraded firing speed. You end up doing about 9923498207349 dps. Also Righteous Bison is crazy overpowered in MvM. Try it if you haven't.

I love trying strange loadouts in MvM. So far I've done;
Bison Soldier
Mangler Soldier
Pistol Engie
Demoknight (not that strange but still crazy fun)

Basically just pick a single weapon and only use it. Pistol Engie was ridiculously fun, basically a mini-minigun. We had a second engie so I didn't build a sentry.
Bison Soldier is really good too, that thing is crazy when its maxed out.
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 22, 2012,
Quote by littlephil
Airblasting the bots is almost never useful (since it doesn't work on giant scouts and they're the only things that need to be airblasted) and if you get to the point where you NEED airblast to stop a cap you're doing it wrong in the first place.

Wat.

You've never played Decoy, have you?
Quote by NothingRocks
Wat.

You've never played Decoy, have you?

Yes I have, and I've played quite a bit of Mann Up too. The fact is if your team composition is decent you don't need a pyro at all, and even if you do have one you really don't need airblast. Free crits from the Phlog is far more useful.
Quote by littlephil
Yes I have, and I've played quite a bit of Mann Up too. The fact is if your team composition is decent you don't need a pyro at all, and even if you do have one you really don't need airblast. Free crits from the Phlog is far more useful.

Airblasting is extremely useful in Decoy, especially on the bridge where you can just airblast everything into the ditch. If your Pyro is half-decent you never have to worry about bomb carriers unless your team really sucks and fails to kill the medics. Not only that, but it can also make up for a lack of team members. Three of us(including me) managed to nearly beat Decoy with a Pyro, Soldier, and Demoknight. Your Phlog strategy doesn't work that well if your team leaves something to be desired. In that case airblasting is essential. Also, you don't need crits to take down a tank. Just get the ammo refill and keep a constant stream of fire on the tank and you should be good.
Last edited by NothingRocks at Oct 22, 2012,
Does anyone know of any Freak Fortress 2 servers that play music as your playing the game, which matches each boss?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Oct 22, 2012,
I've done 2 Mann Up tours as pyro, once as Degreaser/Shotgun/Axtinguisher and another as Phlog/Scorch Shot/Rake (with the same team both tours too) and with the Phlog it was much easier. You don't need to airblast bots into the ditch on Decoy if you kill them before they even get there

And when you do Mannworks and have 5 Tanks to deal with on a single wave the Phlog is infintely more useful than the Degreaser or other flamers. You can solo a tank if you have your MMPH built up, letting your teammates deal with the bomb carriers and the other tank (it spawns 2 at a time, then the 5th shortly after the second pair). Then burn a few more bots and you have 8 seconds of crits ready again for the next swarm of bots or tank.

If your team isn't that good the Degreaser might be better, but with a decent team there really isn't any reason to not use the Phlog.
Quote by TheSPillow
At the moment about 12-13 keys. However, crate 50 is about to come out. #40 will stop dropping into backpacks so the price will skyrocket. If I were you I'd keep it and sell it in a while for hopefully upward of 16 keys. The crate 30s are crazy high right now, over 30 keys IIRC.

What exactly is a key. Do people just give you a bundle of keys or does it mean something like bud and bills and all that. Shit is really confusing.
Quote by patrickaaron
KFC Gravy is like a nectar from the Gods I even use it as lube to titty bang my wife

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Lost my virginity in my arse but I didn't push back so it wasn't gay so don't call me gay cuz it isn't gay