Page 78 of 82
how is it i never find any items, but my brother plays for like an hour three months ago and finds like 6 things?

i should go try and finish the Moustachium missions on Spacechem so i can make whatever the hell you get from all of it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
After quitting TF2 again, and tried Killing Floor for 80-odd hours, I've quit that and downloaded TF2 again. Bought some stuff and made this:

Funtime.
Hey guys i'm after some cool pyro gear if you have it. Trading troublemaker's tossle cap or Rogue's col roule .

lemee know
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Hey guys i'm after some cool pyro gear if you have it. Trading troublemaker's tossle cap or Rogue's col roule .

lemee know

What stuff are you after?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Doppelgänger
fuck pinion pot of gold

Ugh, their L4D2 servers were decent while the ads were broken
Then they 'fixed' the ads and they made the servers crash.
If you're adding people to steam, my name's Deva4eva
Anyway, I downloaded this game yesterday, and I find it fantastic. That said, I'm a pretty big n00b, so, do you have any useful tips for someone like me?
I've tried all the classes, and I suck the most at soldier, I can't seem to hit anything reliably with the rocket launcher.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Quote by Tvrtko1
If you're adding people to steam, my name's Deva4eva
Anyway, I downloaded this game yesterday, and I find it fantastic. That said, I'm a pretty big n00b, so, do you have any useful tips for someone like me?
I've tried all the classes, and I suck the most at soldier, I can't seem to hit anything reliably with the rocket launcher.

You have to lead your shots. Don't shoot where people are, shoot where they're going to be by the time the rocket hits. Also, aim for your targets feet. The rocket will explode on the ground and they'll receive damage from the blast radius. Also, if you hit them directly, it'll throw them up in the air and they won't be able to run.
Stay calm and hold your fire. Don't spam rockets everywhere because they take very long to reload. If a scout or someone gets all up in yo' face, switch to the shotgun to avoid blowing yourself up.

EDIT: Just got banned from a Valve server for absolutely no reason. I had barely walked out of spawn and people immediately started a vote to kick me. I didn't even have time to say or do anything. What a bunch of assholes.

Although, to be fair, my name was xXbongrippaz420Xx
Last edited by sashki at Jan 9, 2013,
The hatconomy actually is a really intriguing, unintentional sidegame that you get along with the shooty shooter shooting main game. I've learned a lot of economic concepts that apply in real-life with it.

Also, anyone interested in about 50 crates? I need some backpack space.

I just started playing recently and I range from being super awesome to being "Is this guy a for real?"

I got an RTR a few days ago, but I scrapped it because it didn't seem useful and because my inventory was almost full.

Pyro with Reserve Shooter is also surprisingly powerful. I've killed so many Scouts who thought it'd be funny to get into my face with a 90+ damage airborne crit. I frequently switch between it and the Detonator. Does anyone feel like the Detonator is really good for causing pressure from afar? I can't shoot with the Flare Gun, but the Detonator basically makes it a guaranteed Flare Gun hit. The damage is lower, but I'd hate to be on fire.
Game is too difficult. I also don't like how you can only have a certain amount of people of one type. I like being the scout, and when there are too many he goes "no way" and I rage quit.
Rule #1 of TF2: There's always going to be at least one person complaining about every single person not playing Medic. You learn to ignore it.

What classes are you playing? Scout and soldier are pretty straight forward and more friendly to beginners, compared to Spy or Engineer. I also suggest finding tutorials and tips in both video and text form. There are a lot of nuances to the game that can take a while to figure out.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by necrosis1193
The hatconomy actually is a really intriguing, unintentional sidegame that you get along with the shooty shooter shooting main game. I've learned a lot of economic concepts that apply in real-life with it.

Wait, what? You mean the maps and stuff you can play aren't just something to do between acquiring hats?!

Quote by rockingamer2
What classes are you playing? Scout and soldier are pretty straight forward and more friendly to beginners, compared to Spy or Engineer. I also suggest finding tutorials and tips in both video and text form. There are a lot of nuances to the game that can take a while to figure out.

I actually find Soldier very hard to play because the skill cap is so high. It just makes me not want to play Soldier at all when I see people rocket jumping and killing so much shit.
Quote by triface
I actually find Soldier very hard to play because the skill cap is so high. It just makes me not want to play Soldier at all when I see people rocket jumping and killing so much shit.

I think that's the great thing about TF2. Most, if not all classes, have the potential to be killing machines with enough time and practice. But what I was talking about is that of all the classes, those are the most straight forward classes to get your feet wet with, since they're the most relatable for people who don't know the ins and outs of TF2. Sniper is pretty good too, but I don't think it lets new players experience the "meat" of the game
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by littlephil
Wait, what? You mean the maps and stuff you can play aren't just something to do between acquiring hats?!

It was a shocking revelation for me too at first.

Quote by triface

All the classes have a high skill cap. The strafing of talented Scouts is impossible to defend against, smart Pyros that use the airblast ans their secondary are deadly, Demomen have stickyjumping, sticky traps, grenade baiting, and so many swords, well placed sentries can be nearly impossible to destroy, and the skill involved in Spy, Sniper, and Medic needs no explanation. Obviously those are oversimplified explanations, but that's the beauty of the game; the same classes that let new players jump right in give veterans tons of options and enjoyment, so everyone can get involved and help the team ....Unless they're the third Sniper or Spy.

Add me on steam: "Fried Chickenz n Malt Liquor"
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
Longhair, im proud of you man. You didnt include emo. thanks.

Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Warmbulance=OWNED BY LONGHAIR?!?!

Quote by Rockwolf
^ I like you...Thats about it...Your the best September 06'er by far

Quote by 319

You and Longhair were the ones I liked, but I saw more Longhair posts
Quote by necrosis1193
It was a shocking revelation for me too at first.

All the classes have a high skill cap. The strafing of talented Scouts is impossible to defend against, smart Pyros that use the airblast ans their secondary are deadly, Demomen have stickyjumping, sticky traps, grenade baiting, and so many swords, well placed sentries can be nearly impossible to destroy, and the skill involved in Spy, Sniper, and Medic needs no explanation. Obviously those are oversimplified explanations, but that's the beauty of the game; the same classes that let new players jump right in give veterans tons of options and enjoyment, so everyone can get involved and help the team ....Unless they're the third Sniper or Spy.

Aww yeahhh. I've recently taken to using the Reserve Shooter and the results were magnificent.

But on a more poignant note, I found this in the You Cry You Lose thread...

Poor Pyro.

Speaking of Pyro though, just got a Cremator's Conscience. I want to give it a description referencing Kronk's conscience from The Emperor's New Groove, but I can't think of anything that fits the character limit. Any recommendations?

Oh hey cool. I just realized there's a premium upgrade gift. I'd buy one off you guys immediately, but none of my refined are tradable, because I'm an ass.

If anyone of you has it and don't mind me paying you a little later, I would be glad to pay you the market price for it when I can (~2-2.5 keys), or possibly even more just because I have to take time to scrape around for a payment.

I'd normally buy from the store because it's much cheaper, but I really can't be bothered with credit cards and stuff.

Does 2.5 keys take a lot of time to earn? If it does then I think I'll just...continue living with 50 slots, because I don't want to have a debt hanging on my back for very long >_>
Last edited by triface at May 7, 2013,
I'd like that too.

I'd like that alot ;_;
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Nickorawrus
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by sashki
What are your names on Steam?

Edit: "triface1" I think.

What are you intending, dear sir?

Edit: According to this and this, a better way would be to have you guys sell me an item I can sell on the Steam Market (which I will still pay for, as discussed). I don't have any paid games in my Steam, but my Dota 2 key (which I got some time ago) seems to be recognized as a paid game because I am now able to add friends.

Edit: Nevermind...I just tried accessing the community market and I'm told I can't sell anything.

Edit: Apparently F2Ps can trade decals and stuff. I destroyed about 3 in my lifetime...
Last edited by triface at May 9, 2013,
Sashki I love you in the pants.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Sorry about that man. I've never been very in touch with my own Steam profile. I wanted to link my Steam profile but I couldn't find a place to get the link. I'll go check it again later tomorrow. It's 1.30 here and I'm about to fall asleep to Vinnie Moore's Soul Caravan.
Man even after a year of playing tf2 i'm still such a god damn noob.

I'm getting pretty decent at sending back rockets with my flamethrower though.. Just got to 800 kills with it
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
My profile is at: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043787670/. I still think it's "triface1", but I can't see it anywhere on the profile.

Quote by N_J_B_B
Man even after a year of playing tf2 i'm still such a god damn noob.

I'm getting pretty decent at sending back rockets with my flamethrower though.. Just got to 800 kills with it

I've gotten so many fluke kills through reflecting short distance rockets by playing Reserve Shooter Pyro. Must have pissed so many soldiers off

Have you tried using the Flare Gun/Detonator or Reserve Shooter? I found I play much better with these 3 weapons than the default shotgun. Flare Gun/Detonator is useful for being annoying at ranged, which is useful on maps such as the first section on pl_upwards where moving in close would mean you're flanked from 3 different directions, and the Reserve Shooter is just imbalanced if you know how to aim.
Yeah I use a strange flaregun I like it a lot. I'm just usually destroyed by some pros by the time I switch weapons thugh haha
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Hey Sashki. Thanks for the gift man. Really appreciate it. You have no idea how much it means for me that you helped me do that. Now I don't have to struggle with the freaking inventory space, and that's just one thing about the gameplay that's better. Now I can even trade and potentially earn money.

Now, contact me so we can work out an arrangement where I can pay you for it. Seriously.

I'm now more interested in the drops than the game itself. From reading this thread for the past year or so, I realize I'm not the only one that feels this.
Last edited by triface at May 12, 2013,
man it's so good to be able to trade now

i've already made 5 ref + 2 keys trying to make enough for an unusual head warmer eventually !
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
man it's so good to be able to trade now

i've already made 5 ref + 2 keys trying to make enough for an unusual head warmer eventually !

Let us know if you get it - always wanted an Unusual, but never been able to save for long enough.

Also, name tag dropped last night for me. Which should I use it on:

Cremator's Conscience, "Crispy and Mr. Burns ~ Pros: I'm playing Pyro in the summer UGC season this year, so needless to say I'll get more use out of this. Cons: Cosmetic items don't show up as often as weapons on killcams, so it's really just for me, not for show or anything. ~ Interested in any alternative name suggestions on this one too, particularly for Crispy.

Botkiller Sniper Rifle: "Australiaman's Longshooter Stick" ~ Pros: It'd give me an excuse to brush up my Sniper. Again, weapons show up more on killcams, so more people would see it. Cons: I am a terrible Sniper. I do not know what happened because I used to be pretty good, but I've owned it for a few months and only have 106 kills on it. This won't see much use either way. ~ Also considered "Australiaman's point-and-click adventure!"