Page 1 of 2

Since I'm not a resident of California, I can't vote on this.

To sum up and not be a nuisance, here's what it's about:

Every year tens of millions of sharks are killed just for their fins, which are used for shark fin soup. The state Assembly has voted with overwhelming bipartisan support in favor of AB 376, a bill to ban the possession, sale, trade and distribution of shark fins in California. This critically important bill is now in the state Senate. Urge your state senator to support and vote Yes for AB 376.

Pleaaaaaase take the time to vote! :/
It will only take a second, even if you don't care about these animals would you just do it for a fellow pit monkey?

Thanks everyone!
People trying to ruin my fin collection
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Sharks are scary. I only want to protect the cute animals.

Just kidding. Can't vote though. Sorry.
I'm not tryna ruin your fin collection, just trying to stop you from adding to it/put you in jail for it...

AEDIT: Yeah it's fine, I can't vote either...****ing kills me
Banning possession seems kinda silly seeing as they've already been cut off of the shark
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Hey!

I live in California, and you know.. I hate sharks...

yea...

**** sharks, I'm not voting to approve this

penispenispenis
Last edited by Zeletros at Jun 24, 2011,
I could have sworn this was already banned. I always wanted to try shark fin soup but the only place I've been to that made it closed because it was illegal to sell and harvest shark fins.

I'm not allowed to vote or maybe I can and I'm just not registered, can't remember anymore.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by izbbass
Banning possession seems kinda silly seeing as they've already been cut off of the shark

Oh you...

Quote by Zeletros
Hey!

I live in California, and you know.. I hate sharks...

yea...

**** sharks, I'm not voting to approve this

penispenispenis

Oh yeah? Well I hate apathetic species-ists but I don't go around saying that over 70 million of them should be murdered per year, now do I?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Oh you...

Oh yeah? Well I hate apathetic species-ists but I don't go around saying that over 70 million of them should be murdered per year, now do I?

^(you were trolled by the great Zeletros)
Quote by Andrea55
I don't know if I want to put my address on there.

It's the NRDC, after all...they're 'Earth's Best Defence'
What's the difference between killing sharks for soup and catching cod for fish and chips? Both are getting killed and both getting eaten. I see nothing wrong with killing the sharks for soup.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Shark fin soup is awesome and my great-grandfather died of a shark attack.

So **** sharks.

Damn, I'm getting trolled hard here

And thanks Andrea for voting!

AEDIT:
Quote by robhc
What's the difference between killing sharks for soup and catching cod for fish and chips? Both are getting killed and both getting eaten. I see nothing wrong with killing the sharks for soup.

Well I'm against that too, but there isn't gonna be a petition to stop people from fishing anytime soon is there?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Since I'm not a resident of California, I can't vote on this.

To sum up and not be a nuisance, here's what it's about:

Pleaaaaaase take the time to vote! :/
It will only take a second, even if you don't care about these animals would you just do it for a fellow pit monkey?

Thanks everyone!

No.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
they're sharks... if they want something changed then let them protest XD
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
Quote by Jostry
No.

You're in Washington anyways

Quote by El_Lobo_1
they're sharks... if they want something changed then let them protest XD

Yeah, because humans are gonna be soooo understanding of a bunch of talking sharks marching on the streets in anger.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Damn, I'm getting trolled hard here

And thanks Andrea for voting!

AEDIT:
Well I'm against that too, but there isn't gonna be a petition to stop people from fishing anytime soon is there?

You...you're one of THEM aren't you?
Quote by Lost Dog
You...you're one of THEM aren't you?

Depends who'd asking...

>_>

<_<

<_>

Yes, yes I am.
Yeah, because humans are gonna be soooo understanding of a bunch of talking sharks marching on the streets in anger.

it was sarcasm... my third language...
Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
I like fishing, I like fishing for sharks locally. i have, at one time, worked on a commercial fishing boat. i won't be giving some green jihad organization my info so they can put even more Californians out of work.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by El_Lobo_1

it was sarcasm... my third language...

AEDIT:
Quote by ecvMatt
I like fishing, I like fishing for sharks locally. i have, at one time, worked on a commercial fishing boat. i won't be giving some green jihad organization my info so they can put even more Californians out of work.

Is that? Yeah that is..

That was the most racist thing anyone has ever said to me.
this is why i hate the pit.

cant get one serious answer even when you ask nicely.

maybe if people started taking real-world shit seriously, and spent less time giving way too much of a **** about who tweeted dick pics to who, the world might not be so ****ed up.

enjoy your forever ****ed up ocean ecosystem, sharkfin soup eaters! youre ****ing up the planet for yourself and every generation to come.

The generations of the past 50 years or so will be looked at as some of the worst in history by future historians for all the harmful shit we do, if there even is a future.

come on Californians, vote up! Non californians and people who come in to troll, go **** yourselves.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by ecvMatt

Cool bigotry, Newt.
Quote by poopsmith666

maybe if people started taking real-world shit seriously, and spent less time giving way too much of a **** about who tweeted dick pics to who, the world might not be so ****ed up.

enjoy your forever ****ed up ocean ecosystem, sharkfin soup eaters! youre ****ing up the planet for yourself and every generation to come.

The generations of the past 50 years or so will be looked at as some of the worst in history by future historians for all the harmful shit we do, if there even is a future.

come on Californians, vote up! Non californians and people who come in to troll, go **** yourselves.

My answer was serious
Though I hate the pit for the same reason. The majority of the people here are wankers.
Quote by Masamune
Cool bigotry, Newt.

Name-calling is the last refuge of those whose misguided logic is checkmated.
Quote by CodChick

Last edited by ecvMatt at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by poopsmith666

I know man, like if you're not in California at least take this a little more seriously...
Cheers poops

Quote by ecvMatt

Dude if you really are serious about what you're saying, and you're not trolling then I think you have the most ****ed up moral compass...
Quote by ecvMatt

Nice edit, cool guy! couldnt look dumb in front of the whole internet now, could we?

oh wait, too late.

Quote by robhc
My answer was serious
Though I hate the pit for the same reason. The majority of the people here are wankers.

yeah, sorry to all people who responded seriously, my rant was not directed at you.

its true though. everything has to be "something" now. a joke, a pun, an image macro, EVERYTHING has to be something. serious discussion is a lost art.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by ecvMatt

That's a nice little quote you got there.
Of course you're still a bigot if that comment of yours was being serious.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Yea, honestly, i don't really care about sharks lol don't have time for them but if you do then more power to you,...
Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

Is the TS a representative of the organization in the link(NRDP)? I clearly state the organization, not the OP, when referring to the "green jihad" If the OP is in fact a part of the NRDC, this thread is nothing more than spam.

damn, so sensitive, need a tissue?
Quote by CodChick

Quote by El_Lobo_1
Yea, honestly, i don't really care about sharks lol don't have time for them but if you do then more power to you,...

Thanks man
Yeah I try and consider myself an 'activist' but I've never done any real activism except posting a few links here and there.
Thanks again man.

Is the TS a representative of the organization in the link(NRDP)? I clearly state the organization, not the OP, when referring to the "green jihad" If the OP is in fact a part of the NRDC, this thread is nothing more than spam.

damn, so sensitive, need a tissue?

Damn I WISH I represented them...

Well yeah they're not a "green jihad" group, whatever the hell that is anyways, they're based in the US. Besides how exactly is signing a petition to save animals spam?

Look man, I'm not asking for much here...if you live in Cali and support the cause then I'd appreciate it if you take a couple of minutes out of your day and hopefully help save some innocent sharks who are getting killed in great numbers out of gluttony, if you don't really support the cause and don't wish to sign the petition, then don't OK? No need to troll the thread.

However for you guys here who actually care enough to support the cause but DON'T live in Cali, then just spread the word as much as you can

Thanks to everyone who did help out though, I really appreciate it!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Thanks man
Yeah I try and consider myself an 'activist' but I've never done any real activism except posting a few links here and there.
Thanks again man.

Damn I WISH I represented them...

Well yeah they're not a "green jihad" group, whatever the hell that is anyways, they're based in the US. Besides how exactly is signing a petition to save animals spam?

Look man, I'm not asking for much here...if you live in Cali and support the cause then I'd appreciate it if you take a couple of minutes out of your day and hopefully help save some innocent sharks who are getting killed in great numbers out of gluttony, if you don't really support the cause and don't wish to sign the petition, then don't OK? No need to troll the thread.

However for you guys here who actually care enough to support the cause but DON'T live in Cali, then just spread the word as much as you can

Thanks to everyone who did though, I really appreciate it!

Most green jihad groups are based in the US, it is the methodology, idealism and unwillingness to compromise that earns them that name, not their location.
Quote by CodChick

Quote by ecvMatt
Most green jihad groups are based in the US, it is the methodology, idealism and unwillingness to compromise that earns them that name, not their location.

Also known as armchair revolutionaries... like to talk the talk and not walk the walk
Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

Quote by El_Lobo_1
Also known as armchair revolutionaries... like to talk the talk and not walk the walk

Ehem...Excuuuse me?!

I'm pretty sure the NRDC is more than just big talk, hell it's one of the biggest non-profit activist groups today.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Ehem...Excuuuse me?!

I'm pretty sure the NRDC is more than just big talk, hell it's one of the biggest non-profit activist groups today.

I believe they all have a sense of laziness in them. Oh, and that damn Sea Shepard is gonna get torpedoed one day. Sure what the Japanese maybe doing is illegal but those men on those "science" boats are working for a living. Most of them have families to feed. That big fat lard ass captain of the Sea Shepard needs to calm down, he's starting to sound like Charles Manson with his "God wants us to do this" junk.

Sorry I went off lol I just got done watching a show about those guys... Mega Trolls they are...
Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

Quote by El_Lobo_1
I believe they all have a sense of laziness in them. Oh, and that damn Sea Shepard is gonna get torpedoed one day. Sure what the Japanese maybe doing is illegal but those men on those "science" boats are working for a living. Most of them have families to feed. That big fat lard ass captain of the Sea Shepard needs to calm down, he's starting to sound like Charles Manson with his "God wants us to do this" junk.

Sorry I went off lol I just got done watching a show about those guys... Mega Trolls they are...

Really?!
Well of course I don't blame those guys, I mean there's a shitload of poverty in Japan they probably didn't have much of a choice, but the people running the whole thing are to blame and should be ****ing imprisoned.

See there's a moral dilemma behind all this, either I support the animals being killed, or I support people who don't wanna lose their jobs...well no offence to anyone here, and I maybe the only one who'd do this but I'd quite simply pick the animals.
I'm a terrible misanthropist like that

I never heard of that guy

AEDIT: I just looked 'em up, they seem pretty legit
I donno that much bout them tbh, and if I watch anymore whaling/seal clubbing documentaries I think I might just crack. So I'll learn more bout them some other time.
Page 1 of 2