So in my eternal search for weird/unorthodox objects and doodads to install into my guitars, i ran across THIS GUY Which i thought was kind of fun (in a missile launch switch kind of way). anyway, i wanted to install some sort of fuzz pedal or maybe an octave fuzz INTO the actual guitar and have this switch activate the system... (almost like a preamp) so i figured i'd ask UG(uys) what you thought, and what the easiest way to do it.
I saw a post about this on here a while ago, some guy installed one of those as a killswitch and it just turned out terrible, the 'safety cover' just gets in the way and you will realize this as soon as the novelty wears off

If you want some real advise, get a normal toggle switch and/or a kaoss pad and fit it into your guitar
Super fahkin easy. Take the pedal's circuit board along with the battery and put it in the guitar's cavity. Then wire up a SPDT switch so that the output from your guitar can either bypass the effect or go into the pedal. When you flip the switch, the battery that connects to the pedal will be engaged as well as the signal from your guitar. Pretty easy.. Take a piece of paper and draw it out, it's not too hard.
Quote by Fingerboy18
Super fahkin easy. Take the pedal's circuit board along with the battery and put it in the guitar's cavity. Then wire up a SPDT switch so that the output from your guitar can either bypass the effect or go into the pedal. When you flip the switch, the battery that connects to the pedal will be engaged as well as the signal from your guitar. Pretty easy.. Take a piece of paper and draw it out, it's not too hard.

If you have a Strat, and don't mind being rid of a tone knob you could put the switch into the pickguard, and push it when you want to kick on the overdrive or whatever
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
What guitar are you using, the cavity might not be big enough to fit the circuitry depending on what guitar it is.
lol, Kaoss Pad, bets that TS is a Muse fan?

I think you might need a SPDT to direct the ground (not 100% sure)
Oh, and yes, use a normal toggle switch (or maybe a push to break?)
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
not sure what guitar yet, i'll probably just try to find a cheap one. Also, i can see how the safety cover would be bad for a killswitch, but if i'm just engaging it at the beginning of a song, i don't see the inconvenience (yet) i'm sure there will be some things i can't do, but i'll cross that bridge when i get there besides... it's all about experiencing the journey.
unless you will need to switch fuzz on/off mid-song...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Epoxy resin, a stick and a long cable.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.