Page 1 of 2
I'm starting a band with 2 of my friends, and it's mostly going to turn out to be a metalcore band, since my best friend the bassist is going to be doing screaming and there will probably be little singing. I've got a few songs written for when we get originals going, but we want at least 2 covers to do so we can practice and hopefully have for gigs.

We need some metalcore songs that aren't too hard on the guitar, as I need to be able to do it with only one guitarist, and also not incredibly nuts on the drums, since our drummer isn't the best and he's not really 'trained' for metalcore.

Suggest some songs?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Wow. Thanks guys. I am definitely going to convince my bandies to do that. And I'm gonna get into Botch.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Early Grave by Architects. and We're All Alone too.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Early Grave is pretty easy.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
You guys are being stupid. He wants to play this on one guitar, their drummer isn't good, and the bassist has to sing while playing.

The only part of Always that's particularly simple is the first riff, same with Early Grave really. The verse riff in Early Grave is pretty awkward. And no Architects stuff is easy on drums. Lastly, if you can play those songs on bass whilst doing vocals, then I'd be very impressed.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
If you're going to play good metalcore stuff

1. You can't do it on only 1 guitar.
2. You can't do it with an unskilled drummer.

Unless you want to be playing Asking Alexandria or shit like that.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Play a song by From Atlantis. You'll LOVE it!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Yeah, that song could be easier to do on one guitar.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I'm so glad you guys showed up before ADTR was mentioned

Oh wait I thought I was in the Pit.

Not as impressed.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
I'm so glad you guys showed up before ADTR was mentioned

Oh wait I thought I was in the Pit.

Not as impressed.

You mean this ISN'T the pit?

It is.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you're going to play good metalcore stuff

1. You can't do it on only 1 guitar.

You're stupid and no one likes you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBjWpas0q4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAThhvMfEw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXek3KEyQW3mougg-AwXnNB_
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZySBdLli2ek&feature=related

Go back to the Trivium thread.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Okay to get a little more detailed my band isn't necessarily metalcore. The only reason I call it that is because our bassist is screaming and we have some hardcore/metalcore influences and we'll have a breakdown maybe once every 3 songs. Our drummer is going to get better quickly (I know this) and I make songs in a non metalcore mindset (riff, fast, stop, breakdown, stop, breakdown, etc) I'm honestly influenced by Jeff Loomis (of nevermore) most. Our bassist can play and scream simultaneously, the drummer can keep time and throw in alright fills, and I can play guitar well. We can pull some stuff off as a trio for now.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Quote by BK202
Let's start with the basics.

What are your band's influences?
I was going to ask this but he liked Botch and I didn't want to be disappointed.
Quote by BK202
Norma Jean sounds nothing like Botch. You're a failure.

Wrong.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by TheReverend724
Why would you want to cover a Botch cover band?

Fixed.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Well, aside from my newfound liking to Botch, each of us have different influences. I'm into a LOT of stuff, like Nevermore, Dream Theater, Metallica, AFI, Billy Talent, Coheed and Cambria, Sabbath and Zeppelin to name some. My friend the bassist is into most of the hardcore/metalcore stuff like Of Mice and Men, Our Last Night, Miss May I, Misery Signals I think, August Burns Red and stuff of that nature. My friend le drummer is a fledgeling drummer, he isn't necessarily 'good' but he can keep time and can do well enough now while he progresses, he's not into much metal but he doesn't dislike it, except we all pick on scene kids together.

I'm the main writer as well, if it helps to add that.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
Well, aside from my newfound liking to Botch, each of us have different influences. I'm into a LOT of stuff, like Nevermore, Dream Theater, Metallica, AFI, Billy Talent, Coheed and Cambria, Sabbath and Zeppelin to name some. My friend the bassist is into most of the hardcore/metalcore stuff like Of Mice and Men, Our Last Night, Miss May I, Misery Signals I think, August Burns Red and stuff of that nature. My friend le drummer is a fledgeling drummer, he isn't necessarily 'good' but he can keep time and can do well enough now while he progresses, he's not into much metal but he doesn't dislike it, except we all pick on scene kids together.

Uh huh.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by thePTOD

You must pick on your bassist a lot, but still give him kudos since he likes Mis Sigs (you think).

EDIT: Cover this band. http://www.facebook.com/xnaggertronx
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by Kyle<3
How does your bassist pick on scene kids when he listens to OMAM lol.

I honestly don't know lol. I give him grief about it. He knows they suck but somehow likes them. But he's a great guy, he dresses completely normal and doesn't look the slightest bit like a metalcore fan. So he's not scene in my book =P
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
I know very few scene kids that listen to actual metalcore, that's silly.
I'm an asshole.
Page 1 of 2