Hello everyone!
So basically I'm looking for a nice solid body guitar with active pickups, 24 frets and a floyd rose. And I don't want any stratocasters.
So here are the requirements:
Floyd rose
Active pickups
24 frets
Price around 1000$
musical styles?

why no SS shapes?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Do you have a brand/neck profile preference? Also, that ^.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
As above and why only active pickups? I've never found an active yet that I like. They have power but passives have far superior tone.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
As above and why only active pickups? I've never found an active yet that I like. They have power but passives have far superior tone.

Every young metalhead needs a shredder guitar as a basis before they branch out to developing their individual tone. I'd ask why if he hadn't specified 24 frets and a floyd, but he probably has a beginner/intermediate guitar that has been outgrown and he wants to indulge.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Every young metalhead needs a shredder guitar as a basis before they branch out to developing their individual tone.
I'd ask why if he hadn't specified 24 frets and a floyd, but he probably has a beginner/intermediate guitar that has been outgrown and he wants to indulge.

the first part and the last part are diametrically opposed.

and no, every "young metalhead" doesnt need a "shredder" to find their tone....
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Jun 24, 2011,
Quote by Doadman

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. And tone is completely subjective... we don't even need to go into this.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by bastards
Sounds like you need a 27 fret Ibanez Xiphos

Like, Kickass dude. If I was gonna get a metal guitar I would totally get one of those.
Whoa whoa, you tried the Mockingbird ST? Not active, and only 22 frets (I think), but very much metal. And its not only limited to that.
I don't need any Fenders, don't like them
I like playing metal (mostly Metallica), metal ballads, rock, and bit of funk. Ofcourse I play lots of different music styles but those I play the most.
Active p.u. only because I have an Epiphone LP 100 and it has passive p.u. on, so I want to try actives out ;]
And by the way guys, I was thinking 'bout ESP, ESP M-II NTB or an ESP KH-2 NTB, what you guys thinking about them?
Last edited by BoneGmLt at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by BoneGmLt

And by the way guys, I was thinking 'bout ESP, ESP M-II NTB or an ESP KH-2 NTB, what you guys thinking about them?

The KH is very overpriced, and is essentially the same thing as the M. Actually, it's the same exact guitar, except that the NTB is neck through instead of bolt on, and the KH-2 has an extra volume knob.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The KH is very overpriced, and is essentially the same thing as the M. Actually, it's the same exact guitar, except that the NTB is neck through instead of bolt on, and the KH-2 has an extra volume knob.

So ESP M-II NTB it is
And btw post some more guitars, I'm not ordering it right away, maybe I will change my mind
And thanks guys
Last edited by BoneGmLt at Jun 26, 2011,