UPDATE: see last post

Hey

I've found this 1993 japanese squier strat for sale in my area. The guy whos selling it wants !150 for it, I know he's leaving the country soon so I've cheekily offered £100 pound if he doesnt get a better offer before he leaves. The thing is I know jap instruments are good as my tele is MIJ, and I know jap squiers of the 80s are great but not sure on the 90's or on the prices for them. could anyone tell me if its worth snapping up for £150?

I dont really need it but I love a bargain haha. At the minute its a blue that I'm not too keen on so I'd get it and sand it down and make a little project out of it

Thanks in advance for any help

Joe
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Last edited by Guitar_Joe at Jun 25, 2011,
I think it was the '93 domestic japanese squiers that were supposed to be better than american standards, but I can't say for sure. Like 85% sure though.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Bite his hand off for it. Seriously.
You could probably sell it and make a wee profit even at the price he's asking.
hmmm i think thats probably all the encouragement i need hahaha
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
UPDATE: right so its not looking like hes gonna go for my 100 pound offer haha, the seller has given me a serial number which is N004216. Ive looked around but cant seem to find a definitive squier dating site so i was just wondering if anyone on here could tell me this is a legitmate squier japan serial number for 1993

Thanks
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1993 - 1994

according to the guitar dater project site.
thanks for the help, ill give him a call n arrange to go n try it out, still hope i can get it down on price a bit though, im planning on getting a hagstrom viking next month so really shouldnt be buying it lol but i cant help it sometimes.