I've been wanting both pedals for a while, a Lovepedal Eternity Fuse and a TS-808, but now I'm wondering if they're at all similar. I'm also curious if the Lovepedal Englishman or Kalamazoo are variations of the Tubescreamer, and if so, how do each of these compare to the Tubescreamer. I have an Englishman, but I'm not quite satisfied and wondering about looking elsewhere for a nice chimey glassy tone.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
if i'm not mistaken both the Englishman and the Eternity Fuse are discontinued. I personally like the Kanji Eternity, its a very smooth OD and would be most suitable for a smooth lead tone.

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-overdrive-pedals-c-602_6/lovepedal-kanji-eternity-overdrive-pedal-p-163
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
I love my Englishman. It isn't really a TubeScreamer, more of a Vox Ac-15 sounding distortion. Could sound really good with your vox.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

All Lovepedals are Tubescreamers or Electra Distortions.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
All Lovepedals are the same pedal.

better.
mojostompboxes.com
well I have a Englishman already and I like it, but I wanted something more mid-heavy like a Tubescreamer. I had the curiosity of looking into the Eternity if it was Tubescreamer-ish simply because it could also double as a treble booster on one of the settings. It's ok if it's discontinued, as these pedals are posted all the time on ebay or CL, although often with hefty price tags simply because they're discontinued. I guess I'll be looking for a Tubescreamer then (and then do the Keeley mods; I just finished modding my DS-1 to Keeley's ASE specs... awesome!) Thanks guys!
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
I just got me a new OD. Was shopping for an Ibanez of some kind and was comparing the TS9 to the TS808. I saw an ad about the new TS9DX and took a gamble. Wow, I'm glad I got it. And cheaper than the 808 also. Mine cost me the same as a regular TS9 (due to GC policy, it was on website at same price). It has a few nice new additions to the TS9, I was about to do a NGD, NCD, NCD, NPD, NPD, NPD..... (fug I got too many pedals ) so I guess I will have to break out the camera tomorrow and tell about it.
Quote by Funk Monk
if i'm not mistaken both the Englishman and the Eternity Fuse are discontinued. I personally like the Kanji Eternity, its a very smooth OD and would be most suitable for a smooth lead tone.

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-overdrive-pedals-c-602_6/lovepedal-kanji-eternity-overdrive-pedal-p-163

Eh?

Not according to Lovepedal it ain't.

http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/e_fuse.html

Quote by TheQuailman
Wasn't everyone raving about Kanjis a year or so back and now all Lovepedals are supposed to suck? Lol internet.

Suck? I dunno, I still like the sound of my Kanji 9.

When it comes to tone, trust your own ears instead of the interwebz. Otherwise one'll be chasing that elusive tone hype for a long time.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by TheQuailman
Wasn't everyone raving about Kanjis a year or so back and now all Lovepedals are supposed to suck? Lol internet.

yeah, what's going on? (serious question, not sarcasm)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha yeah I've noticed the internetz has very little love for the Lovepedals, but I really like them. If I had the money, I'd have a few more Lovepedals. I probably will end up getting a tubescreamer kit from GGG with the boutique mod kit. I <3 the GGG. I've also been eyeing the Lovepedal purple plexi 800, but I've only found it on ebay usually at +$300 =/
There have been a number of threads on HC about Lovepedal and the 'odd' way in which Sean runs his business. Anyone who has been following the Freekish Blues debacle on HC or other forums may have noticed Lovepedal being mentioned as an angry comparison. HC don't like Lovepedal, for a lot of the same reasons they don't like FB.

I believe it stemmed from 'the forbidden forum', where users started taking apart the numerous different iterations and examining them to see what all the fuss was about. To everyone's shock and dismay, they found poor quality wiring, carbon comp resistors - as Claude was saying - and only very slight changes from the original designs, which were just Electra Distortions and Tubescreamers with simple and common modifications.

I do find it funny that a pedal that is supposed to replicate a Vox amp, and another that is supposed to replicate a Marshall, are extremely similar in component value and parts as the other. But then again, the pedals I have tried have been quite good sounding. The Babyface Tremolo was really sweet and buttery, while the Kalamozoo and Eternity were nice Klon/Tubscreamer variations. It's just the pricing, quality and advertising of the products that I don't appreciate. You don't even receive proper customer services; just a few words.

People were raving about them because they didn't know or understand what was underneath the hood. The mind plays tricks on you. You can't simply call it snobbery, because it goes deeper than that. Our minds trick us into believing something when we want it to. It's a pathological lie that we often cannot control. It shouldn't be condemned but neither should it be condoned. It's important to be conscientious but it's also important to be laid back and remember that our positivity can be found from a lie as easily as it can found from the truth.

In other words, living a lie, if it helps you, is fine for some. For others it isn't.
ah, thanks Yeah I'd noticed Lovepedal being mentioned a bit in those threads too. Though I think Paul C posted in those threads too, and said he was ok with it (some people were saying the amp 11 was a timmy clone).

But yeah... i mean I don't want to pay $300 for a $100 pedal either (I haven't tried any LP). I certainly want to know the truth even if it makes me look silly.

Though at the same time, that fooling of the mind thing can go both ways. For example, I was laughed out of court at HC for saying I didn't much like Boss. If you're determined to believe that your cheap product is just as good as the expensive one (and assuming the expensive one isn't a con, of course), you can be fooled that way too.

I think it just basically pays to be suspicious of anything you're told. Obviously it's in the boutiquers' interest to try to persuade you that their pedals are worth $200 (or more)... but it's equally in the mass producers' interests to persuade you that their $40 pedals are just as good.

I wouldn't believe either claim without checking it out myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by IbanezBossShred
I just got me a new OD. Was shopping for an Ibanez of some kind and was comparing the TS9 to the TS808. I saw an ad about the new TS9DX and took a gamble. Wow, I'm glad I got it. And cheaper than the 808 also. Mine cost me the same as a regular TS9 (due to GC policy, it was on website at same price). It has a few nice new additions to the TS9, I was about to do a NGD, NCD, NCD, NPD, NPD, NPD..... (fug I got too many pedals ) so I guess I will have to break out the camera tomorrow and tell about it.

The TS9DX has been out for over 10 years. Nothing new about it.

Quote by TheQuailman

Eh. Most of the people who don't like Lovepedal never did. I don't like the company at all but the Eternity is a nice sounding SoS variant. Not worth $200+ though. Build quality on the mass production ones is pretty nice. The old "handwired" ones are shit though. Some of the worst I've ever seen. The goop serves not only to hide his crap but also to hold the circuit together.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

I didn't mean it was new, sorry about that. But I did think that they had made some sort of significant change. It was first made in '98, but I thought from the ad. that they had made a change of some kind in at least the past year. Oh well, it's new for me and I'm liking it so far.
i'm really confused though. it's like all of sudden people decided to open up their gear...but before that magical moment in time nobody ever did?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The FSB guys have hated on Lovepedal since '05 or so when he first started selling pedals. I actually think one of the first threads on FSB back in '07 was a Lovepedal degooping/bash. TGP now hates them because they ripped off Paul Cochrane with the Amp 11.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Wow I had no idea... I'm barely starting to get into modding and building my own pedals from kits (just finished a BYOC triboost treble booster), so I'll start looking under the hood before I start getting excited... I had no idea that there were such rivalries in guitar gear... interesting... but yeah I totally agree with everyone, especially Dave with it's in the seller's best interest to tell you what you need to hear to sell you their pedal...
Quote by mmolteratx

Eh. Most of the people who don't like Lovepedal never did. I don't like the company at all but the Eternity is a nice sounding SoS variant. Not worth $200+ though. Build quality on the mass production ones is pretty nice. The old "handwired" ones are shit though. Some of the worst I've ever seen. The goop serves not only to hide his crap but also to hold the circuit together.

SoS?

Not down with the lingo...

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Dave - that's true.

though i lurked fsb last night and the number of boutique boxes (even well-regarded ones) which are very slight tweaks to existing circuits is kinda frightening.

Quote by AcousticMirror
i'm really confused though. it's like all of sudden people decided to open up their gear...but before that magical moment in time nobody ever did?

to be fair, though, the internet and forums are fairly new. at least in the mainstream.

but yeah i mean that stuff's old. My uncle told me about something similar happening with valve radios ages back (dunno when, but i mean think back to when you could last buy a valve radio in a mainstream electronics retailer... certainly not while I've been alive), where the prestige brand swore blind its circuit was better than a cheaper off-brand's version. Had the usual "remove the back, void the warranty" spiel. Eventually someone did remove it, and they were the exact same, made in the same factory with the same parts and everything.

So this stuff is old as the hills.

Quote by mmolteratx
Pedals are srs shit yo.

+1

srs bsns
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Son of Screamer. It's a Tubescreamer minus the input/output buffers.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

oh ok, thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
though i lurked fsb last night and the number of boutique boxes (even well-regarded ones) which are very slight tweaks to existing circuits is kinda frightening.
Which is partly the reason why I love companies like Dr. Scientist, Fairfield Circuitry, Empress, and Diamond, etc., because everything is unique, and quite obviously so. There are no unpleasant surprises.
What I'm confused about is...people loved the sound of their pedals, then they opened them up only to find components that are (considered [on guitar forums]) sub-par and all of a sudden they don't sound good?
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

^ to be fair, it is slightly more complicated than that.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Which is partly the reason why I love companies like Dr. Scientist, Fairfield Circuitry, Empress, and Diamond, etc., because everything is unique, and quite obviously so. There are no unpleasant surprises.

ah yeah, that's true.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PerpetualBurn
What I'm confused about is...people loved the sound of their pedals, then they opened them up only to find components that are (considered [on guitar forums]) sub-par and all of a sudden they don't sound good?

i mean they are still alright.

the original pedals were pretty good electra clones when not many electra clones were available.

but dude was like holy shit I need to put out other pedals.

and then ever pedal was the exact same.

and people were like wtf.

and then he stole some designs.

and then people were like wtf.

it's a issue of great at 75 dollars...really wtf at 200.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
srs shit indeed
Lovepedal is weird. I'm not sure what the carbon comps deal is, but none of the seven I've owned had them.

I'm not impressed by the way the business is run, or the number of repainted clones of his own work which aren't that different from other pedals, but just as certain is that I cannot find a pedal that sounds like my old Eternity, or my White Dragon. They're special, somehow, and it's too bad that nobody else can figure out how to voice a pedal like that.
yeah I've noticed they have too many supposed variations of the Eternity/E6/Kanjis... from what I've seen on youtube, they're not all that different (many of the setting seem to overlap), but it might also be partly due to my crappy laptop speakers =/