HI guys

I picked up 2 older multi effects pedals. A Boss ME20 and a Digitech GNX1Pedal

My question. I would like to have both multi effects pedals hooked up and be able to switch back and forth between them

Is there a way to split my guitar signal between the two different MFX units...and then to choose one MFX unit or the other going to the amp when playing?

I'm a complete newbie on this type of stuff. I hope i explained my question right

Thanks
For that you would need 2 ABY boxes, those are basically switches that can switch between running (in your case) MFX pedal 1 or MFX pedal 2 or running both at the same time.
You put one between the guitar and the pedals which you use to switch around and another one after the FX pedals set to Y, so that you can both signals into the amp.

Maybe there's an easier way though.
Quote by JesusCrisp
For that you would need 2 ABY boxes, those are basically switches that can switch between running (in your case) MFX pedal 1 or MFX pedal 2 or running both at the same time.
You put one between the guitar and the pedals which you use to switch around and another one after the FX pedals set to Y, so that you can both signals into the amp.

Maybe there's an easier way though.

Praise be to Jesus

I appreciate you for taking the time to explain. It makes sense.

Thanks.
Last edited by Pocopot at Jun 24, 2011,
If you found it as confusing as me, I made a picture of how it would work according to me:

Much appreciated again. Praise be to Jesus and his servant, Ultimate Guitar.

The diagram helps.

I didn't know these were called ABY boxes and now am on the right track to be able to research these. I just googled Morley and a few other models .

I also have a half dozen amps and apparently can use these same devices to access two amps.

I'll put a wanted ad in our local buy/sell music section and will hopefully get a bite. If not, might have to but a couple of units 'new' but don't mind as these should be useful for various equipment configurations.

thanks
Quote by Pocopot
Much appreciated again. Praise be to Jesus and his servant, Ultimate Guitar.

The diagram helps.

I didn't know these were called ABY boxes and now am on the right track to be able to research these. I just googled Morley and a few other models .

I also have a half dozen amps and apparently can use these same devices to access two amps.

I'll put a wanted ad in our local buy/sell music section and will hopefully get a bite. If not, might have to but a couple of units 'new' but don't mind as these should be useful for various equipment configurations.

thanks

If you don't find any, you can actually build those ABY switches yourself.
There are many guides online and you can order kits for a fraction of the cost of a production model. ABY switches are one of the easiest pedals to build.
yeah morley makes quality ones that are cheaper.

tonebone makes specialized boxes ie - 1 for effects, 1 for amps, 1 for whatever. they have a ton of features but im pretty sure they are 2-3x the price of a standard morely