Page 1 of 7
This thread is Closed so come check out me and vendetta v's new thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

Welcome to the only Digitech thread! I see no one has posted a thread just for Digitech products, so I thought I should start one. Feel free to post your thoughts and questions on Digitech's products.

Okay, I'm going to give you a run down of the products that Digitech makes.

Pedals

Bad Monkey:

Probably one of the most popular stomp boxes that Digitech makes. The Bad Monkey ranks right up there with the Ibenez tube screamer, the ts 808, and the Boss Od-3. Many people recommend it for those on a budget, but still wanting a great sounding overdrive. Here's a clip: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=0nRcHc7FMFo

Digitech Whammy Re-issue

Ah yes, the Digitech Whammy, one of the pedals that Digitech is known for, and yet another great pedal from Digitech. One of the best pitch shifting pedals you can buy. From the "dive bomb" effect to the harmony effect , this pedal can do it all and it sounds great. The re-issue model has a midi in/out to control pitch bends via cc's.

Digitech Jamman Series
Of course I can't forget the famous Jamman. From the jamman delay to the jamman solo, these pedals are great for recording and live use.*The new jamman solo can store up to 99 different loops and up to 35 minutes of total looping time. This is from Digitech's website "Load up the JamMan with bass lines, drums, harmonies, and more; create an entire backup band, take it with you, and perform anywhere! " *the solo is a really great pedal to have for recording and gigging guitarists. Here's a clip for the Jamman solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiXTcKo2YYI There's also the jamman delay, which is basically a digitech jamman with a built in delay pedal, which gives you two different pedals all in one compact design. *And then there's the jamman stereo, which is a jamman solo except that the loops are in stereo, not mono. The jamman sereis has reinvented how guitars create loops.*

This is a growing list. If you want to contribute reviews on pedals, etc. Please pm me your post so I can put it here. Thanks!

The only ::: DigiTech Thread!
Who To Listen To list
This is a list of the current users that have offered their assistance in this thread, have answered peoples questions, and have a Digitech product. I will list the products that they own(or there favorite 15) so that if you have a question on a Digitech product, they can answer it for you.

Kutless999 :
Digitech rp355

GS LEAD 5 :
Digitech rp500

Vendetta V :
Digitech rp355

Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 14, 2011,
does the rp90 count. i use either the grunge pedal or death metal pedal setting through the clean channel on my 15 watt amp and get a great sound for a 15 watter. once i get my halfstack setup im only gonna use the rp90 for noise gate, volume pedal, and whammy pedal and the rare effect like flanger, phaser, chorus, etc. and im gonna use the amps distortion
Yes, the rp90 counts. My favorite amp on the rp355 is probably the HC30.
on ur rp355 do the up and down selector thing stop working for awhile then start to work again. on mine the up button stops working once in awhile and it annoys the hell out of me.

i hav had mine for like 2 years so i guess its bound to go bad someday
I just got it two weeks ago, and the buttons work fine.
Yeah, the Ipb 10 is probably for people who already have an iPad/are getting an iPad.

Also, does anyone have/getting the ipb 10?
I'll be placing my order for the ipb10 once it's out. Hopefully it's awesome!
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
I'll be placing my order for the ipb10 once it's out. Hopefully it's awesome!

Cool, post a NGD if you can. I wonder if it sounds better than the new rp series(not that I don't like the rp355).
I had a Digitech DigiDelay once, it was a good delay for the cost. Ive upgraded since but that thing did me well fior quite some time.
that thing with the ipad is dumb, yeah lets put the ipad inches away from where you are gonna be stomping. thats a brilliant idea. it wouldn't be a bad idea if you could have the ipad remotely connected out of the way, like back at your amp
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by redandwhite12

possibly one of the greatest and most underated pedals ever. Discuss

I keep hearing a lot of people talk about the Bad Monkey. I think I might have one on my rp355. Can you give us some audio clips of it?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 25, 2011,
Okay, let's get back to my first question: what is your favorite amp model on any digitech mfx unit? Also, which one sounds the most realistic? You can't say "none".

I think I know why it's called the ipb 10. "I" means iPad, "pb" means pedal board, and" 10 "means ten main footswitches. So maybe they'll come out with a smaller version like the rp500.... We will just have to wait and see..
Quote by redandwhite12

possibly one of the greatest and most underated pedals ever. Discuss

how is it underrated? it's one of the top 5 od pedals recommended here for anyone, especially if somebody's got a low budget
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by lbj273
that thing with the ipad is dumb, yeah lets put the ipad inches away from where you are gonna be stomping. thats a brilliant idea. it wouldn't be a bad idea if you could have the ipad remotely connected out of the way, like back at your amp

you would have to be an idiot or just not looking at the pedalboard to somehow stomp on the ipad. and stomping on it with the force it takes to hit a pedal button wouldnt break an ipad especially if u use the toe of the shoe

and the ipad is recessed in so u wouldnt at all have to worry bout it breaking unless some fan throws a beer at you and it gets all over the ipad
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 25, 2011,
and they r comin out with a tube head

http://digitech.com/en-US/products/th-150-tube-head

im glad they didnt put tones of effects and shit on it like Line 6 does.

but i geuss this way you have to buy the amp and then a effects from them (they hope you will at least)

for some reason one of my pet peeves is amps with on board effects. i just dont like the idea of it
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Have an RP500.

So whats your favorite amp model?
Quote by kutless999
So whats your favorite amp model?

No real favourite. I keep changing my sounds want the patches?

EDIT: Though I am partial to the Dual Recto and Delux Reverb models......

http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/

All done guitar>RP>Reaper. No post EQ.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 25, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
No real favourite. I keep changing my sounds want the patches?

Yes, please.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Too lazy to pull my RP out now Il attach them and stick them here in the morning all right?

Ok, thanks. If I knew how to share patches I would give some to you.
Quote by kutless999
Ok, thanks. If I knew how to share patches I would give some to you.

Use X Edit.
Your patches wont work on mine- you can only share across identical models.
Better, take a screenshot of X Edit and put that up.
But I have an rp355 and you have a 500 so we can't share patches.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
This is a patch I use for Systematic Chaos esque Petrucci tones.

Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll put some of my presets on here later.
Can anyone else post screen shots of your favorite presets?
out of interest, does anyone have any clips of the whammy dt, i'm fascinated to see how they could possibly justify that huge price tag when a capo costs less than £10. i know it has other features, the momentary switch definatly looks interesting but i just don't see how it's worth £300. really want a normal whammy thou
Does x edit do anything weird to your computers? It does to mine. The computer gets really slow and shuts down randomly so I'm not going to use x edit unless you guys can tell me what's wrong. I'd also like to see some more answers to my question in the first post.
Quote by teh_goon
out of interest, does anyone have any clips of the whammy dt, i'm fascinated to see how they could possibly justify that huge price tag when a capo costs less than £10. i know it has other features, the momentary switch definatly looks interesting but i just don't see how it's worth £300. really want a normal whammy thou

Capo =/= downtuning
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by kutless999
Does x edit do anything weird to your computers? It does to mine. The computer gets really slow and shuts down randomly so I'm not going to use x edit unless you guys can tell me what's wrong. I'd also like to see some more answers to my question in the first post.

Your computer is old and ****ed up
Your computer is old and ****ed up :
My windows 7 laptop is only 1 year old.
Ok, now I have another question since like nobody answered my first one: How many Digitech pedals do you have on your pedalboard?
Wooo! I have RP355 now, upgraded it from RP250 2 years ago. still satisfied with both of those!!! (won't go back to RP350 but that's cause RP355 is surely better tho they both rock)

and for some clips check my sig (all the music is thru RP355)
and also my new demo track on my profile (i was after a rectifier sound and used the rectifier model there)
Quote by Vendetta V
Wooo! I have RP355 now, upgraded it from RP250 2 years ago. still satisfied with both of those!!! (won't go back to RP350 but that's cause RP355 is surely better tho they both rock)

and for some clips check my sig (all the music is thru RP355)
and also my new demo track on my profile (i was after a rectifier sound and used the rectifier model there)

I just go the rp355 a week ago and it rocks! I'm glad I got the 355 and not the 255.