I found myself browsing Kijiji last week looking around, not really planning on buying anything. I've been GASing for a nice superstrat for a while but was planning on buying a new amp first when I happened across this thing:

It's a Jackson Concept series JDR-94. Made in the Jackson/Charvel factory in Japan in 1993, they were apparently only made for a year or so. Alder body, 24 fret maple neck, JC-65 and JC-130 pickups and a Schaller made JT-500 double locking trem.

The gentleman I bought it from works at a local music shop and had it restrung and set up a few days before I bought it. Play beautifully, much better than my LTD. The neck is nice and slim, and the pickups, although stock, sound really nice.

In all, I paid $175, which included a gig bag, hex tool for the trem and a new patch cord. It's in very good shape for a 17 year old guitar, the body has a few small dings but nothing beyond paint chips really.

The only flaw I've been able to find is a hairline crack in the neck running somewhat with the grain just under the headstock. It appears to be fairly old as it has dirt in it, but is hardly nocitable while playing. I tested it out by pushing and pulling the bar like a crazy Steve Vai wannabe, far more than I'll actually be using it, and didn't see or feel any play in the crack at all, so all seems well. It makes a cracking or popping sound now and then but I understand that happens when the nut is tightened too much, which I believe I did when I got it home.

Should I be concerned with the crack? It doesn't really appear to be going too deep, but if it does end up being an issue I can always get a new neck on eBay for $100 or so. As of right now, I plan on refinishing the body and replacing the trem with an original Schaller, prossibly upgrading the pickups at some point.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Jun 25, 2011,
Nice guitar. HNGD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
dear god get some guitar polish dude. that thing has DNA from the 90's on it.

nice guitar.
Quote by gregs1020
dear god get some guitar polish dude. that thing has DNA from the 90's on it.

nice guitar.

Ahh, but my whole body is made of DNA from the ninties

And alas, I am n00bsauce and did not read the rules. Mods, could you be so kind as to move this to EG for a poor fellow?
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
not going to tell this forum stuff again but i think it would be fine with the crack.
as you described it i take it you cant put your fingernail in when depressuring the neck? if you can you should take to it the store to check if it is fixable and worth to fix. as it is a bolt-on it probably not so hard to find a replacement neck so wouldn't worry too much about it.

as for the 90's DNA, dont we all have that? i take it nobody born after 1999 is on this forum, so we've all eigther experienced the 90's or were born in the 90's
and mind you 90's DNA would always be better then twenty 10's gaga DNA xD.
I don't think I could get a razor blade into the crack, which is why I don't think it runs very deep.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0